• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I was more interested in the first flight than getting a video. But I did get a about a minute and half. Next time out, I will get a good video for you Kelly. I only have one problem with this plane. It looks nice, It is built "REALLY" well. (Duh, it's a Pilot) and it flies really stable and far more stable than it's small size would dictate. That in itself is the problem. It is sooo little. LOL. Guess I need to step down from 40%;ers huh? :lol2:

Well........I have now taken the "three bears" philosophy to heart when it comes to Giant scale........It involves a cute Blonde and a Bowl :D.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
AH HA! I know where your guys mind sets are at.......Shame on you.......:laughing:.

Goldie Lox is the girl and the Bowl is for soup :rolleyes:.

Well it's Sunday and the wind is not cooperating with my plans. Neither is Goldie Lox :(. No soup for me!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
AH HA! I know where your guys mind sets are at.......Shame on you.......:laughing:.

Goldie Lox is the girl and the Bowl is for soup :rolleyes:.

Well it's Sunday and the wind is not cooperating with my plans. Neither is Goldie Lox :(. No soup for me!
Should've got yourself a
redhead.jpg
and left Goldie alone. Sumthin 'bout those red heads...and, there's plenty of soup left over.:spongebob:

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Ok, I couldn't wait to finally post here that I'm going flying in a little bit !! Been working on repairing the field so now I'm going to fly my 40 center, 3W,Patty !! It's a maiden & I'm a little worried, ha !!
Hope I can get some video if someone can operate my camera !!
Thanks, John

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok, I couldn't wait to finally post here that I'm going flying in a little bit !! Been working on repairing the field so now I'm going to fly my 40 center, 3W,Patty !! It's a maiden & I'm a little worried, ha !!
Hope I can get some video if someone can operate my camera !!
Thanks, John
Good luck John. I hope it goes well for you. Keep us posted.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Good luck John. I hope it goes well for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks Rob, it all turned out good !! I think I need a different prop though, but first , I'm only getting around 4300 RPMs with this CF Falcon 31X10 W prop. It took a long time to get off the ground & wouldn't slow down to land, I had to kill the engine & had a nice landing ! I don't have any experience with these planes or engines, DA-150 older. Should I be getting more RPMs ? We had a tiny breeze right down the runway, it was a nice day here today !!
Thanks, John !!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks Rob, it all turned out good !! I think I need a different prop though, but first , I'm only getting around 4300 RPMs with this CF Falcon 31X10 W prop. It took a long time to get off the ground & wouldn't slow down to land, I had to kill the engine & had a nice landing ! I don't have any experience with these planes or engines, DA-150 older. Should I be getting more RPMs ? We had a tiny breeze right down the runway, it was a nice day here today !!
Thanks, John !!
Glad to hear it went well. At least you brought her home safe right? 4300 is really not a good rpm for a DA 150. Even if it is an older one, as long as it is in good condition...i.e., rings seal well, carb is adjusted good and reeds are good, there is no reason you shouldn't be getting more rpm. I will add that a 31x10 W. Falcon may be a bit heavy for the DA 150. I don't run DA, it is hard for me to know an absolute. I am used to my 3dubs. My 157cs shreads a Falcon CF 32x10. I think...and you can probably check with some guys here....most are running 30x13's if I remember correctly. Some I've heard are running down in the 29" range. But again, I can not offer sound information because I just don't know. I do have a DA 150 here that is going on a Dalton restore. The prop that was on it is a 32x10 Mejzlik. My understanding is it turned it just fine.