• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

You better do some flying for me while you are out there. How did you get my weather out there in spud country and I get yours? It snowed here today and the low tomorrow night is supposed to be like 15 degrees. I know that's not cold for some of you, but my old bones can't take it. . . . . :(

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not to worry David, I took care of business real good. Got six bodacious flights this afternoon. Finally decided to pack it up around 5:30. By the time the Edge was cleaned and safely stowed in the "hooptie hauler", it was six p.m. when I closed the gate and locked the padlock. It feels kinda cool to be the last one leaving the field. It was just barely getting dark. The sun sat behind the Owyhee mountains, leaving a beautiful red/pink glow in the sky behind the high cumulous clouds. The wind really never came up and the temp just barely started dropping from a comfortable 55 degrees. I burned just right at about 96 ounces today. At this rate, my gas consumption will be way up this year. Soooo.....like that is a bad thing right? Not too shabby for three hours of flying. Needless to say, I seriously needed this time at the sticks to dissipate the bitter bite of winter. To welcome in a brand new year of warmth to the soul. For me, when I am stressed, disappointed, saddened by a life event. When I am just feeling blue...or just feel right down crappy, When I can't make heads nor tails of anything that is going on around me....I know there is one place where I can go. To be reborn again. To start again and to draw strength. My happy place is flying.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Not to worry David, I took care of business real good. Got six bodacious flights this afternoon. Finally decided to pack it up around 5:30. By the time the Edge was cleaned and safely stowed in the "hooptie hauler", it was six p.m. when I closed the gate and locked the padlock. It feels kinda cool to be the last one leaving the field. It was just barely getting dark. The sun sat behind the Owyhee mountains, leaving a beautiful red/pink glow in the sky behind the high cumulous clouds. The wind really never came up and the temp just barely started dropping from a comfortable 55 degrees. I burned just right at about 96 ounces today. At this rate, my gas consumption will be way up this year. Soooo.....like that is a bad thing right? Not too shabby for three hours of flying. Needless to say, I seriously needed this time at the sticks to dissipate the bitter bite of winter. To welcome in a brand new year of warmth to the soul. For me, when I am stressed, disappointed, saddened by a life event. When I am just feeling blue...or just feel right down crappy, When I can't make heads nor tails of anything that is going on around me....I know there is one place where I can go. To be reborn again. To start again and to draw strength. My happy place is flying.

The field is my favorite place to forget about life and relax.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'm pretty sure allot of the Guys on this site feel the way you do Rob, I know I do. When I lost my sister just over 2-1/2 years ago, I spent allot of time at my flying field. I cherished the time with my friends, but most of the time there was nobody else there.

If you're going back today, you need to take your Baby.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm pretty sure allot of the Guys on this site feel the way you do Rob, I know I do. When I lost my sister just over 2-1/2 years ago, I spent allot of time at my flying field. I cherished the time with my friends, but most of the time there was nobody else there.

If you're going back today, you need to take your Baby.
Umm....you must be telepathic. My friend and I decided last night to go again today. Weather permitting of course. Aircraft of choice on deck? A certain 3w 157 powered blue 260. :way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Can't remember right off, is your 260 a SD/TOC, or something else?
It is an SD. PART951425768980037952015030795142445.jpg 20140408_150526.jpg