• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:
The maiden of the big Decathlon went well. Got to put about 5 or so minutes of side slippin' knife edgin' double emmelman hangin' in the sky antics. Talk about just "plane" fun...!!! Plenty of power with the Valach 210 up front. And just..."BIG"!! I will get the video up soon. But till then, a few pics of a very successful voyage.
20160211_140208.jpg 20160211_140426.jpg 20160211_140438.jpg 20160211_140800.jpg 20160211_140837.jpg 20160211_141203.jpg 20160211_141707.jpg 20160211_141921.jpg
20160211_151340.jpg

:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok...here we go. This is the third and final flight of the maiden voyage of the big Pilot Decathlon. Pretty much same o same o of the first two. Other than launching the spring steering on the tail wheel somewhere around the second flight and loosing one window on the first....the maiden flights were pretty uneventful. But we all have little tweaks on new 'frames right? Just a little flying around and getting used to this behemoth monster. Tom did a real nice job with the maiden. Somewhere in the midst of this video I got to steer her around and have some fun. She side slips at about two miles per hour and knife edges at idle. Loops are huge and rolls are effortlessly easy. Stall turns pretty cool. Unfortunately I couldn't get a video and fly at the same time, so this will have to do. Just a real nice easy flyer all the way around.

I am really looking forward to the maiden of the BIG Turner Special with the Moki 250 Radial. That one....will be nothing less than simply spectacular for sure.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok...here we go. This is the third and final flight of the maiden voyage of the big Pilot Decathlon. Pretty much same o same o of the first two. Other than launching the spring steering on the tail wheel somewhere around the second flight and loosing one window on the first....the maiden flights were pretty uneventful. But we all have little tweaks on new 'frames right? Just a little flying around and getting used to this behemoth monster. Tom did a real nice job with the maiden. Somewhere in the midst of this video I got to steer her around and have some fun. She side slips at about two miles per hour and knife edges at idle. Loops are huge and rolls are effortlessly easy. Stall turns pretty cool. Unfortunately I couldn't get a video and fly at the same time, so this will have to do. Just a real nice easy flyer all the way around.

I am really looking forward to the maiden of the BIG Turner Special with the Moki 250 Radial. That one....will be nothing less than simply spectacular for sure.

You're not fooling anyone with that video @stangflyer . That's not an R/C plane.
We know a full scale when we hear one.:yesss: