• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Made it out to the field Christmas afternoon and got to tune the new DA 170 carb on my DLE170. All I can say is SWEET!!!!! It took 5 flights to get things right but, man that 5th flight was AWESOME!!!! For those that don't know, I have been fighting with the DLE carb for the last couple of months and finally had enough and ordered a carb from DA. Colton was awesome and had the carb to me in 2 days :) Christmas day was probably the last flying day for a good week or two around here. Temps are dropping into the low 40's during the day and low 20's at night. That doesn't help the 10+ inches of rain we have had since Saturday evaporate very well :(

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Made it out to the field Christmas afternoon and got to tune the new DA 170 carb on my DLE170. All I can say is SWEET!!!!! It took 5 flights to get things right but, man that 5th flight was AWESOME!!!! For those that don't know, I have been fighting with the DLE carb for the last couple of months and finally had enough and ordered a carb from DA. Colton was awesome and had the carb to me in 2 days :) Christmas day was probably the last flying day for a good week or two around here. Temps are dropping into the low 40's during the day and low 20's at night. That doesn't help the 10+ inches of rain we have had since Saturday evaporate very well :(
Excellent move.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Ha !! Must be gonna build an Ark !! Nothing but rain here so far too, but I think snow is on the way !! Hoping for a short winter !!
Cubits vary, I guess !!
Culture Inches (centimeters)
Hebrew (short) 17.5 (44.5)
Egyptian 17.6 (44.7)
Common (short) 18 (45.7)
Babylonian (long) 19.8 (50.3)
Hebrew (long) 20.4 (51.8)
Egyptian (long) 20.6 (52.3)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
More rain here again today, my backyard is now officially a lake. Just curious, does anyone know just how long a cubit is?

LOL

Same down here. I feel if I where living in the UK. Had a break in the clouds and just a wee bit of sunshine this morning but it all tucked and hid just as I thought maybe. Steady rain since. I'm going back to bed.