• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Went out with @emtp275 @Paul Puszynski for some mid week hijinks. Half way through my first flight with the ultimate engine died and made a dead stick. Though I had leaned the dl50 to much so pulled cowl richened the needles refired the engine and after a brief idle warmup was reaching to hold the top wing when full throttle hit.:eek: Hit the kill switch immediately no damage. Servo only moves from 3 quarter to full on the stick.:oblong: Stay tuned!
Interesting huh @ChickenBalls !

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Went out with @emtp275 @Paul Puszynski for some mid week hijinks. Half way through my first flight with the ultimate engine died and made a dead stick. Though I had leaned the dl50 to much so pulled cowl richened the needles refired the engine and after a brief idle warmup was reaching to hold the top wing when full throttle hit.:eek: Hit the kill switch immediately no damage. Servo only moves from 3 quarter to full on the stick.:oblong: Stay tuned!
Interesting huh @ChickenBalls !
Yeah @emtp275 an I just off the phone talking bout this. Glad no damage, hate I missed this morn, but boss made me go see Doc this morning.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
FWIW These HK and BB have done exceptionally well on the throttles.....
MiBl.jpg
BLS-2209(1).jpg

FWIW These HK and BB have done exceptionally well on the throttles.....
View attachment 44629 View attachment 44630
Yep. Was hoping to dig into the fuse and see what was going on this afternoon but family stuff got in the way, but in a good way:D. Going to try to look tomorrow morning before heading out early PM to visit family over the weekend in VA. :) Ben will be hanging around having one of his going away parties with his buddies so any GSN buddies in the area are welcomed. Picked up a bunch of "Boston Butt" for the smoker and I understand a Keg and other "adult" beverages will be involved @ChickenBalls @emtp275 . :LOL_gif:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Yep. Was hoping to dig into the fuse and see what was going on this afternoon but family stuff got in the way, but in a good way:D. Going to try to look tomorrow morning before heading out early PM to visit family over the weekend in VA. :) Ben will be hanging around having one of his going away parties with his buddies so any GSN buddies in the area are welcomed. Picked up a bunch of "Boston Butt" for the smoker and I understand a Keg and other "adult" beverages will be involved @ChickenBalls @emtp275 . :LOL_gif:
He just txt me, I'm in for a few beers, don't think my system is ready for full blown throw down.

BalsaDust

Where at in VA you headed?