• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was windy here yesterday. I went to the field late in the afternoon hoping the wind would die down as it got later. About 6 the bad gusts started to die off so I was able to get a couple helicopter flights in before the sun got too low.

The wind was out of the north and there were two guys using the north south runway so I was using the east west. I was standing at the arming table plugging the batteries in on my heli when I heard an electric getting alarmingly close to my head. Before I could react it wizzed past me and crash in the parking lot a couple of feet from the hood of my truck. He guy said the wind got it. ;) I think when I get there today I'm moving the table so you can face the runway when your using it.

20150919_184513_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Man the mercury reads 95 friggin degrees! Don't the weather know "Fatboy's" melt! Maybe I need to be posting NOT going out flying today:eek:. It was tolerable yesterday but today feels like the middle of July. Ya know.....Slap your face and choke you out kind of heat! Ugh! Summer weathers last attempt at my life I guess:laughing:.
So put on less clothes. Umm.... skip that.
:spongebob:
Weather here is awesome. Mid to upper 70's. Light breeze down the runway. Plenty of sunshine.
Couldn't have asked for better late September weather.
I hate this next part....back out of town for work all week long. What ever will my babies do without me?:nightmare:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I had a marathon day at the field today. It was way to nice to go home. Mid 70's and sunny. A bit windy in the morning, but after about 11 it really calmed down.

I usually fly gas airplanes on Sundays with my buddy Tony, but since he couldn't make it I took two helicopters. The new paint scheme on the Trex 550e shows up great. It was really easy to see. The new scheme on the Goblin 570 is better, but it's still hard to see. I need to add some more colors and do something with the boom.

20150920_162922-1_resized.jpg