• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Delivered a plane to Wrightsville, AR yesterday for a friend and also flew in my first IMAC contes . It was a blast! Met a couple of other GSN members there. It was nice to put a face to a name, to bad my memory don't remember names to well. At he end of the day Iwas 8th out of 10 pilots which I don't think was to bad considering I haven't been able to fly for the last couple of weeks and it was my first contest. It helped that by the third round I wasn't shaking any more. I just wish the contests weren't so far away.I do have some pictures to put up later. We had a total of 23 pilots and we finished the 3rd round at 7pm.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Delivered a plane to Wrightsville, AR yesterday for a friend and also flew in my first IMAC contes . It was a blast! Met a couple of other GSN members there. It was nice to put a face to a name, to bad my memory don't remember names to well. At he end of the day Iwas 8th out of 10 pilots which I don't think was to bad considering I haven't been able to fly for the last couple of weeks and it was my first contest. It helped that by the third round I wasn't shaking any more. I just wish the contests weren't so far away.I do have some pictures to put up later. We had a total of 23 pilots and we finished the 3rd round at 7pm.
It's awesome you got to fly and compete Mark. My son and I have actually considered giving IMAC a whirl. It looks really fun. There was a competiton here last Summer. I believe there is also one scheduled for next month about 80 miles from here. I think we may both go, if for nothing else but to watch.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
And I can truly tell you "a better place" is home now. Life does not end here. Getting your mettle tested does:).
Peace Brother.

Was planning on going out and flying today but things went for the worst today for my grandmother (dad's mother). Thoughts and prayers gents, it hit my dad pretty hard...

garlandk

100cc
Teaching her how to fly RC. She is almost a commercial pilot now, but she has to learn RC ;). She is flying the new Sensei with WISE. Never had to take the controls except for take off and landing. It was even a 15 to 20 mph wind type of day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 280

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Teaching her how to fly RC. She is almost a commercial pilot now, but she has to learn RC ;). She is flying the new Sensei with WISE. Never had to take the controls except for take off and landing. It was even a 15 to 20 mph wind type of day.
That is awesome! Way to go..."both" of you.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually got to go flying today. :brian-banana:It was pretty windy, but my buddy Tony and I pretty much had the field to ourselves most of the time. It was nice to fly without the club politics.

There were two bad ass heli pilots there. I have no idea how they do the things they do. One was a former sponsored pilot and the other one flys for Synergy.