• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Between neverendingwinter and moving, I've been waiting TOO LONG to say "I finally got to fly"....YIPPEE!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Joined a club about 10 mi from my house.....so far the 42% Raven has been accepted (way bigger than anything I've seen so far). Can't do more than a 90 deg rolling turn, so my 270's and 360's will have to wait for a larger venue.

Anyways....really good to get up and blow the cobwebs out. :fist_pump:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Glad you got out @Pistolera Today is looking really nice after that whirl wind yesterday! Going to go practice the art of HAVING FUN!:attaboy:
Does the practice session include a full powered nose dive face plant from the starting table?????? That was really epic Kelly. Can't say I've ever seen that one done before. And to think, you didn't even have to try. It was like...well, it was....totally natural and unrehearsed.

Any change you can give us some pointers on that move?

I on the other hand am grounded. Winds above 20 and gusting above 25....again. GRRRRRR!!!!!!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @stangflyer, I guess your conversation with mother nature didn't do any good. I bet she was just paying you back for all the nice days you got a chance to fly back in March when the rest of us poor saps sat at home and tried not to freeze our tails off........:spongebob:It's just as well the weather is crappy this weekend around here, because I'm stuck at work AGAIN ! ! !:frown:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey @stangflyer, I guess your conversation with mother nature didn't do any good. I bet she was just paying you back for all the nice days you got a chance to fly back in March when the rest of us poor saps sat at home and tried not to freeze our tails off........:spongebob:It's just as well the weather is crappy this weekend around here, because I'm stuck at work AGAIN ! ! !:frown:
I'm guessing You're correct. But I figured no one was really keeping track of earlier days. Apparently "YOU" were. LMAO....
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sorry you're stuck at work. Tell ya what, when the wind calms down, I will go out and put in a couple of flights...just for you David. :laughing:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I bummed, my flying buddy told me at the last minute this morning that he wasn't going. After that I didn't feel like driving 35 minutes to find out there was no one else there since it's kinda windy. I wont fly by myself for safety reasons.:mad:

I Know all about leaving "Gramps" by myself! Oops....Just told on myself again!..Damn it!:gnashing: