• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Hardest Thing To Figure Out

SnowDog

Sadly, then again maybe not, the deal on the SD-10G never came through.

So now, I am back looking at radios again and thinking I may just break down and get a DX8. It is not that costly of a radio and I can use it with those BNF models. I never thought I would be even considering them, but there are just too many of them out there now not to want to buy and fly some.

I guess I could do worse. I have never been a big fan of the spektrum radios, especially after all the brown out concerns, but guess they have that problem fixed by now? And I wonder where they fall into the latency race.

Frank

Frank,

HobbyPeople.net has the SD-10G on sale for $299 with a 7ch RX....you would be hard pressed to beat that deal!

And of course, Airtronics is neck and neck with Futaba in the latency race.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Frank,

HobbyPeople.net has the SD-10G on sale for $299 with a 7ch RX....you would be hard pressed to beat that deal!

And of course, Airtronics is neck and neck with Futaba in the latency race.

Wow, that is a great price! I am not a big fan of Spektrum and I much prefer either a Hitec or Airtronics, but there are so many of these BNF model aircraft out there that it is just getting too hard not to get a Spektrum and give it a go.

With that said, I have another problem. Do I get a "cheap" spektrum radio to use with these BNFs and stick to my Airtronics radio for all my other aircraft, or do I go for a more expensive spektrum like the DX8 and slowly start converting over.

Sometimes this hobby can leave you scratching your head that is for sure.

Frank

SnowDog

Yep - I've had that same dilemna...decided to stick with my SD-10G for all my big stuff. Some day (maybe) I'll get a Spectrum for the BNF planes, but for now, even though those little planes seem tempting at first, when I think about pulling the trigger on one, I just can't do it. I like the bigger planes...the smallest I've got is a 34" EPP Slick, and ATX makes a small 4ch rx for that one, so even that size is ok. The BNF stuff really seems like toys to me when I really think about it. How many people fly the BNF's for any length of time? How soon would you get tired of one? You are right, sometimes it is tough to know the right answer...but I do know that my ATX equipment has always been rock solid, so I'm sticking with it. Good luck whichever way you decide to go! ;)