• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

The EXTRA 300 EXT Build Thread

AKfreak

150cc
I have a question, there is a tunnel in the bottom of the fuse, I assume this is for a muffler, Drrr. Anyways am I supposed to open the fuse to let air escape on an electric build?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yes, you need to open up an area in the fuse. Otherwise your motor, batteries, and esc will cook!

AKfreak

150cc
hanks, I will do it. Also looking at the 64" MSX I bought (Used and was flying it), the previews owner didn't open that fuse either. Strange.. very strnge

3dNater

On the 64" is there a cowl opening or something? Those components really need some airflow or they will suffer a short lifespan.

AKfreak

150cc
You know, the deeper I get into this stuff the more I realize how little I know. I am so very greatful to have you guys here to help. Thanks to all of you for everything. AKf

3dNater

Haha... that is how I feel about work (accounting). I think it is good for a guy to be humbled often. I find out new hobby stuff all the time as well ;) I'm glad we have the forum. I would be pretty dumb and would have missed out on a lot of great experiences without the interwebs. So... thanks for being a part and contributing!

AKfreak

150cc
Hey guys, whats the proper Spinner Gap? I have 1/4" and it looks like Arse. I am thinking 1/8 is better, what do you guys set up at?

3dNater

I am not too much help... never use spinners... I am guessing 1/8 would look pretty nice.