• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
The newer Q80 28 pole motors sound really nice too.... Here's a video I took with the camera in the middle of the runway. It's on a 50cc Extra 300.

[video=youtube;wqt15q8gvJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqt15q8gvJA[/video]

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Didn't read your book yet, but I'll agree about flight time. :)

The advantage to electric is that the instant power to 6800 RPMs is addicting, the low end torque is better than I'll get on a 50cc, no gas to deal with and I can can store the planes in the house, no noise police with their Db meters up your azz, flying alone is safer since you're never in front of the plane, no dead sticks four feet off the deck with a $3,000 airplane, no break-in period so it's plug-n-play, and assembly is about a quarter the time compared to engine setup on a new plane. Probably a few more if I think about it. That was a 19 pound plane with a 10S setup. The Q80-8M is 12S and develops about 800 more Watts at just a fewe ounces more battery weight.

I'm seriously thinking about the next project being a 22 pound 35% with the Q80-6L to 7000W with a 26x10TH. 6600mAh should give me 6.5 minutes, and if I do what I want to do in those 6.5 minutes, I'll probably be ready to land and enjoy the buzz. But there's always the DA-85 if I'm not happy. With a can and 16 ounces of fuel, it's a weight trade-off.

aronph

70cc twin V2
I store my plane in the house. I can tune an engine so I dont have deadsticks and every gas engine I had/have was used so there was no break in time for me. I can fly full throttle for 10 mins if I want for 4 flights before I recharge and can recharge flight packs in 20 minutes.

aronph

70cc twin V2
The never ending gas/electric debate...smaller planes I like to be electric so Im not against electric. Just in big planes.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I had a beast 60e with 6s packs 5000mah and the flight times were only 5 min. I myself prefer gas engines on anything over 40 size but thats just my preference