• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Actually I got about a grand invested right now... a lot of stuff I got the hook up on... from some buddies.... and TV was Christmas present.... I sat down and added it up the other day... if ya count what I had given to me.. I would have spent around 2 grand

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I think the reality of it is Blake might have already spent more on his trailer than he expected. :facepalm: I was going to have a full wrap on mine until they quoted me a price on it.

Hey Kelly,

What size is the trailer and what did they quote you?, if you don't mind me asking

dribar

70cc twin V2
The retired guys in my club pick the best weather day of the week and go fly. I have to fly in whatever weather conditions Saturday throws at me. I can't wait to be one of those old retired guys. :D

Marc

Same here. I just got my Bavarian cortex installed this morning on my 48" EF edge so I'm hoping for a lot of wind this weekend :)

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
For future reference or if your still considering it......I can do the complete job(full wrap) including sides, back and v nose for $1650

dribar

70cc twin V2
So FromeCo docs say: For prolonged storage, more than 2 months. Fromeco recommends that packs be discharged to a voltage of 7.4-7.6VDC.

I charge up on Friday night, fly the weekend and let them sit until the next Friday. I used to put them in storage mode Sunday night for the 5 day wait but have let that process go mostly due to laziness and getting old.

what do you guys do? Is it ok to just let them sit from Sunday evening until Saturday morning and then re-charge?

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Been flying Fromeco batts for years, It's ok to leave them a week fully charged, maybe give them a quick top off charge before you go flying. Those batteries don't form a memory, so you can charge them from any state.

Truth be told tho, I don't follow those rules tho LOL, I keep mine fully charged throughout the winter, charge and forget about them. Been flying the same batts in one plane for several years now with no issues, but I recommend you follow Fromeco's instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Been flying Fromeco batts for years, It's ok to leave them a week fully charged, maybe give them a quick top off charge before you go flying. Those batteries don't form a memory, so you can charge them from any state.

Truth be told tho, I don't follow those rules tho LOL, I keep mine fully charged throughout the winter, charge and forget about them. Been flying the same batts in one plane for several years now with now issues, but I recommend you follow Fromeco's instructions.

+1 with the Fromeco's I do the same. With my lipo's I put them in a storage charge for the winter.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Does anyone here run a Hacker A100 or A200? Man I watched a few youtube vids with some guys running these and I just love the sound they make. WoW!!! Kinda gave me a warm fuzzy feeling like the first time I heard 700 size heli blades beat the air.