• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
No hate here brother... Awesome news for the wife. What does it run for motor, 70mm or 80mm EDF? Ive always thought the F4 looks so killer. I remember watching them fly over our ranch when I was kid.

70mm with an 8 blade fan.

Wife loves the planes. She thinks the real jets are totally cool and although the price of the scale planes freaks her out, she is OK with some of the used jet entry models in the $3-5K range.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh ya baby... 3 to 5 grand... You could build real nice jet for that kind of money. Hey man you have to post up some vid or pics when she starts flying bro. Get her maiden flight for sure. Wish I could get my honey to do this with me. Ah well at least she comes out with me when I go.

Bipenut53

150cc
Oh ya baby... 3 to 5 grand... You could build real nice jet for that kind of money. Hey man you have to post up some vid or pics when she starts flying bro. Get her maiden flight for sure. Wish I could get my honey to do this with me. Ah well at least she comes out with me when I go.

At least you can get her to come out.... After a 50cc maiden and crash a couple of years ago, my wife wont have anything to do with them.... I hope maybe I can get her out to try my Apprentice one day......

Bipenut53

150cc
Hitec HG3XA 3-Axis Stabilization Gyro System

Hey [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] I am looking at the HG3XA 3-Axis Stabilization Gyro System, what an amazing price!!29.99 :megaroll: Looks very interesting!! Have you tried it? Did you like it? I see it is only rated for 5-6 volts.... any plans to make it handle HV servos? I am interested in what you think :popcorn:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] I am looking at the HG3XA 3-Axis Stabilization Gyro System, what an amazing price!!29.99 :megaroll: Looks very interesting!! Have you tried it? Did you like it? I see it is only rated for 5-6 volts.... any plans to make it handle HV servos? I am interested in what you think :popcorn:

Its intentions were smaller foamy parkflyers that only use 3-4 servos max, nothing HV. We are looking at a couple new gyros right now that will be HV compatible, but they won't be near the same price, more user programmability though.

I personally prefer to not use gyros and have limited experience with the HG3XA, nothing in flight.

Bipenut53

150cc
Its intentions were smaller foamy parkflyers that only use 3-4 servos max, nothing HV. We are looking at a couple new gyros right now that will be HV compatible, but they won't be near the same price, more user programmability though.

I personally prefer to not use gyros and have limited experience with the HG3XA, nothing in flight.

I dont use gyro's either but I do have it on my Apprentice and it is a great tool to help new people into the hobby and that may fit in good with them. I love giving a Noob the transmitter on the Apprentice and see them fly for the first time!! This may be a good next step solution for newer flyers for confidence builder.

Thanks for the response!!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes I think the Gyro really comes into it's own on smaller aircraft with windy conditions. Even on my Slick Pro it makes a big difference. I don't use much gain, but what little I do use it makes a big difference on windy day's. Precision flying on a windy day is not a problem at all.