• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
The vid was sweet Anthony. I just goofed off with a tiny coaxial at my brothers house. I landed it on the piano... does that count for anything ? ;)

Thanks. Of course, Coaxials are sweet. I tend to fly them irresponsibly though :). Was it the ScoutCX from Blade? That is probably my favorite coaxial out of all of them :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
Thanks!. Let me know if you want to learn sometime. I see you are on RF a lot and I could probably help you out some, if you wanted. It definitely is a trip, and although the Goblin 500 isn't a bigger heli it is a handful and scares me probably more than a bigger one would :eek:.

Sorry about causing a stir on the site, I just wanted to show you guys my video :). Anyway. Thanks for the positive comments and Joe for straightening everything out. Sorry if I came off the wrong way, I didn't think I did and others didn't seem to think so either; but at any rate, sorry everyone :thumbup:

No need to apologize, Anthony. You didn't do anything wrong. Keep posting your videos!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks. Of course, Coaxials are sweet. I tend to fly them irresponsibly though :). Was it the ScoutCX from Blade? That is probably my favorite coaxial out of all of them :cool:

I have no idea what model it was... it belonged to my niece and was actually a real challenge to fly because I couldn't get the yaw fully trimmed. Had to hold right or left the whole time so half the flight was just getting it to fly forward without spinning around lol. Fun though and now I want one haha.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
hey guys im trying to edit some footage of my maiden with my 65 vyper, anyone have good free video editing software? i have never edited videos before,so easy to use would be nice :D

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
hey guys im trying to edit some footage of my maiden with my 65 vyper, anyone have good free video editing software? i have never edited videos before,so easy to use would be nice :D

If you have a Mac iMovie is built in the the OS and works pretty good, in Win 7 you can download Movie Maker free from Microsoft Essentials. Check your software that you got from your digital camera as some include video editing.

3dNater

Windows movie maker isn't too bad. It isn't very powerful but is good enough for basic editing. It publishes straight to youtube as well so that is nice.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I got to fly the Byper yesterday! It is an awesome plane! I set it up using 5085 mg servos and set it up according to Ben Fisher's advice on the Byper thread and it is perfect. I did fly the larger prop though. I like it! I had some passing mountain bikers drooling too!

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Windows movie maker isn't too bad. It isn't very powerful but is good enough for basic editing. It publishes straight to youtube as well so that is nice.

I've been using Windows Movie Maker for over a year now and it's more than just basic editing if you know how to use it correctly ;) VideoPad is also good for the price and has green screen editing and stuff like that.

:)

Dan

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
thanks for the help guys, windows movie maker works great for what i need it for. this was my first time out this season, and on a new plane, and of course the video camera died after my first flight, which means i look like i havnt flown before. oh well, its better than nothing. plus its motivation for me to get out to the field more to shake the rust off

3dNater

I've been using Windows Movie Maker for over a year now and it's more than just basic editing if you know how to use it correctly ;) VideoPad is also good for the price and has green screen editing and stuff like that.

:)

Dan

I'm glad you are proficient with it Dan. I guess it just depends on what you think is basic vs advanced. I am not a genius video guy (far from it just look at my vids ;)) but I have had a chance to look over the shoulders of guys that are using the professional tools like final cut and windows movie maker is very simple by comparison in terms of what you can do with it. A program like WMM is good for most of guys that aren't interested in making movies for hollywood or commercials etc. I use and enjoy wmm for what it is... I like the simplicity and just getting stuff done quickly.