• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Texas - The Ice House Fly-In @ Apache Pass (Oct 9-12, 2014)

The 1st Annual Ice House Fly In is almost here...just over 2 weeks away!

T-shirts are being printed this Friday (09.26.14) so please pre-register on rcflightdeck.com and include your shirt size. Sizes M - 3XL are available. After Friday, we can not guarantee your shirt.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

jhelber08;20267 wrote: I have a 27x11 you can try.

Sweet! Thanks.

I've almost got my replacement plane together...just need to button up a few details like finalizing the servo/rx wiring, vinyl, fuel lines, etc. It should be ready for Apache Pass :smile-new:

OK guys & gals...The Ice House Fly-In is almost here!  The field looks great and so does the forecast 
smug.png

Here is some good info that was posted by "Toycannon" over on a different site:

"Ok everyone, time to double check everything for Apache Pass!

Field is in fantastic shape; "Thank you" to all who came out and helped this last Saturday to work.

To everyone headed this way; please travel safely!

On arrival the Staff will be wearing a dark blue event shirt with "Staff" on the front and back.

Those that have RV reservations you will be in the RV spots directly across from the "Ice House" resturant.

If your headed to the flight lines; follow the signs and check with the "Staff" as to where to park.

The RV's on the flight line will be together on the Heli side and Airplane side.

See you this week!http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gif

Doug"

So we've all heard of a "one trick" contest, right?  Well, here at Apache Pass we like to do things a little different so we are holding a little competition that we have dubbed the "Ice House Double Shot":

Pull off two awesome tricks in sequence and make it look good. Thats it! Simple right?

Rules:

Must announce your intended tricks before doing them & must have spotter/caller50cc size on up. any power system(gas or electric)
you have two minutes to complete your two tricks
music is optional
no practice/ trial run once the clock starts its on!!!
Airtime Hobbies is the tittle sponsor of this competition and has donated a 20cc yak profile plane
Apache Pass Ice House is buying dinner for the winner with a $25 food voucher DINNER AND A PLANE...Now that's awesome!
Also, the first twenty (20) contestants will receive a limited edition "Ice House Double Shot" competition graphic/sticker for your plane. 

Who's in???

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Low_N_Slow said
Head count as of 10:30 this morning = 108 pre-registered pilots!  WOW 
eagerness.png
That's awesome, glad to hear.  I won't know till late week but hope to attend