• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Texas - The Ice House Fly-In @ Apache Pass (Oct 9-12, 2014)

Rumor has it that 3DHS will be on site with a trailer full of goodies to sell :chuncky::chuncky: This could be a great opportunity to pick up some new toys and save the shipping costs. I have also heard that a few other vendors might show up with stuff to sell.

I'd better start saving up.

Let the countdown begin - three weeks from TODAY marks the start of the first annual Ice House Fly-In! :fat:

As of this morning, we have 69 pilots pre-registered. Man, I can't wait.

jhelber08;19030 wrote: Do you have a list of demos yet Jeff?
Great question! There are going to be a lot of GREAT pilots (sponsored and non) flying throughout the event. We will avoid any "scheduled" demos so that we can keep the flight lines open pretty much 24/7.

We will be having a contest, most likely on Saturday afternoon, that will require the lines to be cleared briefly (more details to come)...but other than that it will be open flying.

Overall, it should be very similar to the preview event that you were at...only much bigger :smile-new:

For those that have not yet been to Apache Pass - think of it like a giant "tailgate" where everyone hangs out, helps out, shows off a little, flies a bunch, and has tons o' fun. There will be some "household names" wandering around...but the beauty of this place is that we are all just a big 'ol group of friends. Some of these friend just haven't met each other yet :smile-new:

Only a few short weeks away!

Anyone going to have a Falcon 27x10 with them that I could bolt up & try out before ordering my own? I've been wanting to compare one to my Vess Stealth 27B.