• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

SupaTim builds a 73" AJ Laser!!

I am also using a 16 oz tank and fly for 8-10 minutes with a quarter tank or more left when I land depending on what I do on the flight.

I must fly slow or something...I'm running an 12 oz fuel tank and have my timer set to 15 mns; I land with a 1/4 tank or more :)
This plane ROCKS.

DLE 40cc on Laser 73"

Do you or Someone else knows if I can fit a DLE40cc Twing on this bird, with out make make holes on the right and left side of the cowl???

Maybe one of you have the Cowl dimensions.... Thanks Guys.

Bipenut53

150cc
That's a great question, I don't own one, I have seen it and I don't think the spark plugs will fit inside the cowl. I think you will end up having to cut a hole in the cowl for the left side spark plug....

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

Do you or Someone else knows if I can fit a DLE40cc Twing on this bird, with out make make holes on the right and left side of the cowl???

Maybe one of you have the Cowl dimensions.... Thanks Guys.

It's 8 7/8" where it meets the firewall (inside of the cowl) and tapers down to about 8 1/2" about the lower section of the cowling ears roughly where the spark plug would be. DLE 40cc is 7.08" without the spark plugs or plug caps, an internet search stated the DLE40cc with plugs and plug caps to be 9.7" wheras the RCGF 40cc to be 10.42", they all have strait plugs. The VVRC 40cc is 7-7/8" between caps with 1/4-32 plugs that are angled... so only that twin would fit with probably a little cutting near the plug wires because the cowling tapers down a bit as it goes lower. Hope that helps answer your question.

It's 8 7/8" where it meets the firewall (inside of the cowl) and tapers down to about 8 1/2" about the lower section of the cowling ears roughly where the spark plug would be. DLE 40cc is 7.08" without the spark plugs or plug caps, an internet search stated the DLE40cc with plugs and plug caps to be 9.7" wheras the RCGF 40cc to be 10.42", they all have strait plugs. The VVRC 40cc is 7-7/8" between caps with 1/4-32 plugs that are angled... so only that twin would fit with probably a little cutting near the plug wires because the cowling tapers down a bit as it goes lower. Hope that helps answer your question.

Thanks [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION] for the detailed info... now my DLE40cc is going to the CLASSIFIEDS section....

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks @AKNick for the detailed info... now my DLE40cc is going to the CLASSIFIEDS section....

LOL... That AJ Laser is one killer airplane! I flew the one we got for the review Supatim did and on a dle35ra and it kicked some serious butt man!!! I mean really that thing was like a freaking powerhouse on crack!!! It was like the little speed freak capable of anything! I want you to notice... AJ Aircraft is not a sponsor of this site nor is DLE... I tell it like it is man.. That DLE35ra is plenty plenty power.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL... That AJ Laser is one killer airplane! I flew the one we got for the review Supatim did and on a dle35ra and it kicked some serious butt man!!! I mean really that thing was like a freaking powerhouse on crack!!! It was like the little speed freak capable of anything! I want you to notice... AJ Aircraft is not a sponsor of this site nor is DLE... I tell it like it is man.. That DLE35ra is plenty plenty power.

Silly folks!! shouldn't they be sponsors!?!?!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So [MENTION=4301]PoncioPilot[/MENTION] what do you plan to put in it instead of the 40?