• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Speak up and win!! We're turning ONE, time to celebrate!!

What I like - the PEOPLE

What I don't like - the homepage is not very useful for me

Suggestion - search/sort by zip code and/or radius in the classifieds

amstd7

70cc twin V2
What I like most: I like how easy it is to use GSN, even though I have not been a very regular user, the site is awesome, and you guys rock.

What is my least favorite feature:
This is tough, because you guys are doing such a good job, but I guess if I had to say it would be to have regular give away contest.

Suggestions for the site: To have more info on upcoming events.

shaggy

New to GSN!
What can I say.... the best part of this site is the people. I moved here when things became intolerable at a different site.
I'm not the most talkative person, nor do I post often. But I am like your strange neighbor, always lurking and peeking in windows :)

If I am forced to pick something I dislike, I would say the home page. For some reason it just seems "jumbled"

As for a feature I would like to see, I would love to be able to see and sort the classifieds by location. Living up North really sucks sometimes when you see a great deal then find out it is down in Texas lol

Really no complaints though.... keep up the great work and here's to another year of Giant Scale News!!

zemkes_wolfpack

New to GSN!
Congrats on one year and wishing you many more years of success!!

Favorite: The people
Least Favorite: The Homepage could use some improvement
Suggestions: Improved search capabilities and more scale content

Favourite: That you support Tapatalk. I know the site is optimised for viewing on a PC, but I do most of my web viewing on my tablet. Tapatalk isn't perfect, but it's not a bad interface.

Least Favourite: What's up with the thread 'breadcrumb' trail? It's only legible on my PC when highlighted.
GSNBreadCrumb.jpg
GSNHighlightedBreadCrumb.jpg

Improvement: Use 'responsive design' to support tablet and other mobile device viewing. I know it's a big ask, but I suspect the fraction of viewers will be moving away from PCs and towards mobile devices as time passes.

BTW, How does one search a thread that is being viewed? Let's say I'm on post 1000 and want to search the whole thread for something? I can't figure that one out.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Favourite: That you support Tapatalk. I know the site is optimised for viewing on a PC, but I do most of my web viewing on my tablet. Tapatalk isn't perfect, but it's not a bad interface.

Least Favourite: What's up with the thread 'breadcrumb' trail? It's only legible on my PC when highlighted.View attachment 37335 View attachment 37336

Improvement: Use 'responsive design' to support tablet and other mobile device viewing. I know it's a big ask, but I suspect the fraction of viewers will be moving away from PCs and towards mobile devices as time passes.

BTW, How does one search a thread that is being viewed? Let's say I'm on post 1000 and want to search the whole thread for something? I can't figure that one out.

@Mr.Anderson

have you tried viewing the site without tapatalk on your tablet? the design is already responsive and is viewed OK all the way down to smartphone dimensions. give it a try and let me know what you think please. thanks!

regarding the breadcrumbs, that's a conflict in color selections that hasn't been pointed out before and I haven't noticed it so thanks for bringing it up.

Bart

@Mr.Anderson

have you tried viewing the site without tapatalk on your tablet? the design is already responsive and is viewed OK all the way down to smartphone dimensions. give it a try and let me know what you think please. thanks!
Bart
Just checked - It's pretty damn good - I guess I gave up on it so long ago that I haven't tried since. Super job! Goodbye Tapatalk (HaHa) Just one tweak to suggest then - if the 'view latest post' bullets could be a teeny bit bigger?