• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your IMAC transmitter setups

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
With this specific transmitter you might want to use the logic switch condition.
You can use them all for snaps.
As for hammer I just turn on a switch.
All my other conditions are on and off with the logic and mix.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I usually have a death grip on the transmitter so I don't like using too many switches. Idle up/down on one switch. In the idle down position it also cuts off a 1% down elevator mix. I have engine kill on the right and left lower momentary switches fro fast and easy access in the case of an emergency. The transmitter originally had a 3 position switch on one side but I replaced it with a momentary switch so I could put the kill on two switches.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I just use the 3 position switch when I want to cut my engine.
I've made a combination between the idle up and the smart fly l, ignition cut off. The upper position is on the middle is lowering the idle just beneath the butterfly position which is about to cut, it's for taxing and the Lower position is deactivating the ignition.
All my switches that I'm using are on the left side where the throttle is so the mindset is, throttle ... Kill switch and idle up.
As for the second switch, it's just above the throttle so when I'm flying and doing either 3D or imac it won't interrupt my flying I'm still holding the ele and ail which are the most active surfaces.
What ever you do, make a pattern, mindset that will be easy to use and to remember it needs to be as a reflex.
Imagine not flying for two weeks, with all the planes you've got you'll need to do a log book which switch activate which surface...well you can make it easier with the method I've just wrote...make them all the same.
You can split the transmitter in two, the left is everything that is related to the mechanical staff i.e. Engine, doors etc....
The right is everything related to the surfaces.
When you move the switch up the things go up...down is down...
Right is open, left close.
Up is positive, left negative
And so on...

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Ignition Kill- On one of the rotating knobs. Helps prevent accidentally switching it to off while passing the transmitter to let someone fly your plane.

awesome awesome awesome. I will be doing this as I accidentally hit my kill switch last year.

M

Matt

Nice thread guys.

I need to think on the setups some of you are using.

In terms of switches on my IMAC planes, I have been flying an 8FG super. I've only been using rates on the 3 position and the kill on a momentary switch. Flying Advanced this year... I might like a snap and/or hammer "condition" where I have full rudder without full throw on ails...
You might want to really consider a roller rate too... Lower aileron and a decent amount of elevator and rudder... In advanced from what I learned a slow consistent roll rate gives you time for corrections... I had a couple decent rollers before we got neighbored at state college

M

Matt

"Got neighbored"....I learned something new today!!!
Hey I don't know what else to call it... Not our fault we are about 1/2 mile away in a roller... And the neighbor is who complained.. Therefore we got neighbored

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I got "neighbored" at the local RC club last fall. Not from rollers, just vertical uplines (within the confines of the club airspace) freaked out some locals who complained to the county board of supervisors. The fellow (club member) who owns the land the club is based on, unilaterally banned all giant scale ops at the site. Not sure whether I got "neighbored" or "Obama'd".....both I guess :confused::oblong::mad::steamer: