• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your IMAC transmitter setups

Capcanuck

New to GSN!
A topic dear to my heart! I use a Futaba 14MZ and most of my buddies use similar settings on their 14s and 18MZs.
Most use conditions and for my PRO I have seven. . First is Normal (condition 1) where I have all my regular IMAC throws.
Condition 2 is high pos/neg snap which is active with throttle as master and is a logic switched with sticks in the appropriate corners ( the last few degrees). Conditions 3 and 4 are mid and low throttle snaps. As mentioned above, the aileron and elevators and rudder are all varied according to position of the throttle. Condition 5 is Roller (audible) on a switch and has less aileron and lower max throttle. Condition 6 is Hammer/spin ( audible) again on a switch with more elevator/ rudder. Condition 7 is Takeoff mode ( on audible) which is switch activated where I have more elevator and rudder throw, low idle, and elevator to throttle mix is off. I also switch this on when landing.
For those not familiar with Futaba, the higher conditions override the lower ones so for instance in landing mode it won't invoke the snap mode at any time.
My throttle is on a multi point curve which I find is easier to tailor for fine tuning, and I also have an audible when turning on to check the battery, and a reminder when ignition is on.

I have 14Mz. Have ailerons split into three sections. Condition one(two position switch) all three sections working together. Condition two, outer two sections only (IMAC sequences). Slider Switch (left side) operates inner aileron sections Flaps Down with Flaps to Elevator mix engaged. This works in either condition, one or two.
High-Low rate rudder on two position switch. High_Low rate Elevator on two position switch. High-Low rate Aileron on two position switch.
Low throttle to elevator mix for down line trim. High throttle to elevator for up line trim.
Knife edge mix, aileron to elevator mix.

Chuck21

30cc
I like to keep it simple (for now anyway). I have a 3 position switch which does all my rates. I try to set my plane up so that I don't have to program in many mixes if any. So far I have been pretty successful with that. At the end of the day I end up with just that 3 position switch to worry about. Which does seem like a wast of switches being as I seem to have enough switches on my transmitter to fly the space shuttle lol.

garlandk

100cc
I like to also keep it simple. I only have three things to worry about. Condition Switch, Landing Idle Switch, and Ignition Kill

Futaba 18MZ Radio
Ignition Kill- On one of the rotating knobs. Helps prevent accidentally switching it to off while passing the transmitter to let someone fly your plane.

Landing Idle Switch- two position switch. Idle up and idle down.

Condition Switch- Three position switch on right side.

Condition One- Used to fly most figures. Used for any snaps or geometry.
Ailerons- Full rate 45% Expo
Elevator- Enough for Snaps 30% Expo
Rudder- Enough for Snaps 30% Expo

Condition Two- Roller Mode- Used for Rollers
Ailerons- Very little 30% Expo
Elevator- almost full rate 45% Expo
Rudder- almost full rate 45% Expo

Condition Three- Used for Take Off, Landing, Hammer heads, and Tail Slides
Full Rates everything. Running around 40-45% Expo.

Hope this helps.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Ignition kill on a double fault setting whenever possible. Two flips to turn off.
Imagine your handing your plane over to someone for a test ride, their normal rate/snap/whatever switch is somehow in the location your ignition cut off and ...
Suddenly you have a need to change your underwear from a dead stick.

Nice thread guys.

I need to think on the setups some of you are using.

In terms of switches on my IMAC planes, I have been flying an 8FG super. I've only been using rates on the 3 position and the kill on a momentary switch. Flying Advanced this year... I might like a snap and/or hammer "condition" where I have full rudder without full throw on ails...