• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your IMAC transmitter setups

I thought it might be helpful to start a thread where people could post their IMAC transmitter setups. I'm a relative newcomer to IMAC and am just starting to develop a setup that works well for me - it would be great to hear as many different perspectives on this as possible.

As an example my basic setup that I use for Sportsman is:

* A normal condition that is used for lines and radius manoeuvres
* A spin condition (increased elevator, rudder) on a switch
* A snap condition (I only have 1 positive snap in 2015 schedule) which is stick activated when elevator is pulled to full throw in the normal condition.

The main issue I find with this setup is remembering to switch back from spin rates to normal rates resulting in messy lines.

So, how do YOU do it?

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I dont have a voice type switch on speaker so I say out loud what switch condition im in and or ask my caller to help me remember. Also use a hammerhead rate for full rudder deflection also.
Try to switch conditions before exciting the manouver.
What Tx are you using?

I have several conditions/flight modes in my JR 28X. For most flying I have a standard rate labeled "IMAC". For spins I flip my left switch on click and once that is completed I flip it back. On the right switch I have high rate rudder for hammers. However I have been finding I don't need to have high rate rudder for a nice hammer. Maybe practice a low rate rudder hammers and see. I also have a switch for rollers. Basically it is my IMAC rates but with a lower aileron deflection. All 4 snaps are programmed based on 3 stick positions. Once I hit all 3 positions the snap rates kick in. No switch needed. I also have a landing condition and taxi condition which has high rate rudder and elevator for ground control.

Wacobipe

100cc
Love the topic...Can't wait to see the responses. I need to improve my radio setups as I just have high/low rates and rarely ever change between them.

What Tx are you using?

I was hoping this thread would go beyond individual Tx models - most mid-range upward Tx support flight conditions. Really just interested to see how people organise their different conditions/rates, turn them on and off (automatic/manual) and use them to improve their sequence flying. Clearly there's a sweet sport to hit - too many switches is a distraction, not enough means you might be missing a trick!

(FWIW, I use a Futaba 12FG)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
14MZ here. I never did like flipping switches, but got used to doing just one 3-position switch on my Raven.

I bought this plane from Ty Lyman and he had it set up like this.

On the low position it still has 3 conditions based on throttle position. Low throttle is downline snap (more aileron, less elev). From about 1/4 to 3/4 throttle is precision cond (low rate aileron, elev and rudder). Past 3/4 throttle is upline snap (more ail, less elev & rudder). Most of the sequence is flown in this low switch position.

Mid switch position is for rollers (less aileron, more rudder, reduced max throttle)

High switch position is full throw on everything. I use this for spin entries, and landing.

I have recorded voice commands so that the transmitter announces the rate for each position. And so I don't forget to flip it back to Low I have the commands for Roller and High setup to repeat until switched off. A little annoying at times, BUT you can't forget they're on!!!

So far this has worked well for me.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I fly with the 14XG
I don't like to flip switches at all so the only switch I flip is for the rollers and hammers(same one)
So, I fly in only one condition which is a snap condition.
On top of that I just connect all my mixes and other conditions which are logic.
Some are being turn on by the throttle and some with the ail.

This way I just fly and I don't need to think and practice using the switches all the time.

Flip 1 switch, last time I flew, I think it was the on/off switch on the radio........

What is IMAC you speak of??? *BFG*

A friend of mine wants me to fly one in Sept in the NC district. Now, since I flowed Unlimited last, do I fly it or do I go back a class and kick everyones butt.....