• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Bipeguy03

150cc
I didn't get to do it.... :( Full scale traffic got in the way, sometimes living on an airport is awesome, sometimes it sucks azz. lol

So we're gonna try it again tomorrow on the lunch break.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I will probably be in on that project! I just won't be able to start it until after an upcoming deployment. I will be expecting to see a build thread or 4 to give me a little bit of reading while I am gone. That will give me even more motivation to join in;)

Bipeguy03

150cc
The knees are like jelly but it's done!!! All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

I can't believe I didn't put a 120 on it to begin with. Final weight is 34.5 lbs, and at that weight it jumped in the air and was climbing like a home sick angel. Very scale like power, the Falcon 29x9W is perfect, even makes a little noise too!! (I'm not an IMAC guy so I like noise ;) )

Just need to do a little bit of tweaking on the rig, but with the smaller engine this thing is going to be a BLAST!!

12994497_1000099966693808_6170289255527424562_n.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
needless to say, i vote :big_yes:

thanks @Bipeguy03 for the info. Is the 35% a true 100cc or is it really 110 or 120? I'd think 75" is actually pretty good at 100cc, no? does anyone cut a kit for it? i've been considering a major plans/kit build for a while now, specifically a Pancoast 96" Grumman Duck but I'm afraid if I start it I'll never finish it. precisioncutkits.com does a short and full kit for it.

a nice S1-11 would be nice too but an entirely different vibe!
Here ya go Bart. This should peak your interest in a Duck;)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
The knees are like jelly but it's done!!! All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

I can't believe I didn't put a 120 on it to begin with. Final weight is 34.5 lbs, and at that weight it jumped in the air and was climbing like a home sick angel. Very scale like power, the Falcon 29x9W is perfect, even makes a little noise too!! (I'm not an IMAC guy so I like noise ;) )

Just need to do a little bit of tweaking on the rig, but with the smaller engine this thing is going to be a BLAST!!

View attachment 54571

really happy for you @Bipeguy03 you've got the whole flying season now to get it all tweaked out and flying perfect. it's looks great, i'm drooling over here!