• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I did get a chance to work a little on the trailer today while I was waiting for the wind to calm down. And calm down it did. By 4:30 it was down to about 5 and by 5:30 it was down to 0. Had a great time with the PAU today. But that is another story. I did get the stereo mounted in the overhead cupboards. Installed a surge protector for all the A/C equipment. Also installed an undercounter work light. I have decided I will use Kilz on everything before I paint. I've used it before and had great results including not having to use so much paint for cover. Other than cupboard and storage doors, everything is at a stand still until I get the second tier put in.

Photos to come soon.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I'm actually glad mine isn't here yet today... We got 5 inches of snow again last night and I had to spend the day shoveling out my shop so I can work tomorrow lol. At least I didn't have to look at it wishing I wasn't moving more snow :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm actually glad mine isn't here yet today... We got 5 inches of snow again last night and I had to spend the day shoveling out my shop so I can work tomorrow lol. At least I didn't have to look at it wishing I wasn't moving more snow :)
I can relate. Mine sat idle for two months waiting for a time I could start working on it. Hey, here's an idea for ya. I went to Wally World...(great place for those last minute decisions) and purchased an 18 dollar forced heater. Dang, within fifteen minutes, it was toasty warm in my trailer. Enough so that I felt like stripping down to my skivvies. LOL. Lights on inside and warmth all around. Life is good. LOL

Bipeguy03

150cc
Haha, I already have a few I heat my shop with them (mainly cause I don't have to pay the electric bill ;) ).

I don't know about the skivvies though, I'd forget and step outside then get frost bite in a baaad bad place. Lol

yakken

100cc
I did get a chance to work a little on the trailer today while I was waiting for the wind to calm down. And calm down it did. By 4:30 it was down to about 5 and by 5:30 it was down to 0. Had a great time with the PAU today. But that is another story. I did get the stereo mounted in the overhead cupboards. Installed a surge protector for all the A/C equipment. Also installed an undercounter work light. I have decided I will use Kilz on everything before I paint. I've used it before and had great results including not having to use so much paint for cover. Other than cupboard and storage doors, everything is at a stand still until I get the second tier put in.

Photos to come soon.
Its better to paint the walls before you put the second level in. Then fit everything and paint all the second level pieces before you mount them. then all you will have to do if you scuff something up is a little touch up paint. Its a pain in the ass crawling around under the second level painting the wall and underneath the second level.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Its better to paint the walls before you put the second level in. Then fit everything and paint all the second level pieces before you mount them. then all you will have to do if you scuff something up is a little touch up paint. Its a pain in the ass crawling around under the second level painting the wall and underneath the second level.
Well see??? That's what I have been wondering. Even though I plan to have the second tier on a slider setup where it will simply pull out and be out of the way..... I was thinking it would be wiser to break out the paint twice. Then on the other hand, I don't want to scuff walls that are already painted in the installation of the second tier slider. UGH....what to do, what to do. LOL