• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servos Locked Up

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Looks like they might've showed up on Friday, I didn't get to them until yesterday though, but they're checked into the repair queue and awaiting a technicians skilled hands :)
Whoa what just a dang minute here. I thought you were the tech working on them. Not sure I want someone else touching my stuff man.:grumpy: Ah well Im sure you'll keep them in line. :banana: Thanks for the update brother, got your email too.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Whoa what just a dang minute here. I thought you were the tech working on them. Not sure I want someone else touching my stuff man.:grumpy: Ah well Im sure you'll keep them in line. :banana: Thanks for the update brother, got your email too.

I just handle the returns, I don't actually work on anything ;) All of our techs have over 40 years experience combined so you're in good hands :thumbup:

cam4569

70cc twin V2
So i was just hooking up some goodies on a new ish plane (to me anyway) and i could not get the gas engine to start, tried for a good 30 min, by hand, with a starter choke, no choke. After some testing, no spark.. Hmm i know i hooked everything up and of course i buried the ignition and battery. Took the whole front end apart to get to everything. What i found was one side of the servo extension was backwards. I had to remove some wire insulation to see the colors of the wires going into the plugs. Anyway point of the story is extensions are easily plugged in backwards and may have been part of your troubles. Maybe [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] can school us a little in what goes on inside the servos and what could happen if hooked up backwards? It looks like ground would be the same but swapping the signal wire for the positive wire may burn something up inside?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Plugged in backwards won't hurt the servos, the positive pin always remains in the center.