• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servos Locked Up

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thats a good idea Mike. What about a power box or something like that? Something I can plug everything into and will give me clean regulated power to all servos plus the RX, is there something like that out there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Or since you're using 5245's, just use a 6.6v LiFe battery to your receiver. I probably wouldn't rely on an integrated BEC in an airplane that size anyways..

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Why is that Xpress. You don't trust them bud? I kind of agree with you. I have never had an issue with an integrated BEC before, but since this issue with Airboss which is supposed to be bullet proof has happen I am a bit apprehensive now. Im not really a fan of adding more batteries for the BEC to run servos, just adds more weight. On my Heli's I just tie the BEC into the main power and use a scorpion backup guard. That has always been a solid and reliable setup for me for years and I really don't notice any drop in flight times.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It's just another option, plus a small LiFe battery won't weigh much. You could also use like a Castle 10 amp BEC to power the servos. Just removes the additional load from the ESC and gives you a lot more power for the servos.

cam4569

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] whats the update on your situation? I have read some good ideas/advice so far, any results? the plane flying yet?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looks like they might've showed up on Friday, I didn't get to them until yesterday though, but they're checked into the repair queue and awaiting a technicians skilled hands :)