• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo bench testing

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks Matt!

Jonathon here in STL set it up for me. He's an aircraft mechnic and got it all sorted out!

This was at Toledo. We were showing the Power HD Storm 3 and 4, the Hitec 9730 Brushless, and an MKS 777

The Storms did VERY well. at Stall torque it stayed cool and only pulled .5amp! The Hitec pulled a lot harder but got HOT and was using 3.5amp! The MKS did very well also. About 2.5amp stayed cool and was pulling the most. But it's not a brushless. the others are.

we will do various tests and videos soon. If you guys have a match up you'd like to see let us know
Thanks!
Tim

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I would like to see the XQ servos I just bought recently. Sorry... can't remember the product number. I'll update later...

Suds

50cc
The Turnigy 3509s have been good so far for me. Flew the plane with them again yesterday and my monster powered MXS has one on the rudder.

[MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION]
Any longer term feedback on the 3509's that you could offer up?

I still have the one in my MXS rudder, although it will probably get replaced with hitec brushless over the winter to save a few grams as I want to trim down the the weight as much as possible. It flies better the lighter I make it. I have not heard from the guy I sold the plane with full set to.