• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo bench testing

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So looks like you have a peak of about 450oz of torque with the average being just under 430oz. That's pretty good for a servo rated at 347oz of torque.

That is what I thought. They passed the test enough to get used in my EF 91 Extra. Trying to save what weight I can as the Savox 2231s were the other choice.

I read back through the thread and I see tested a few other servos to higher torque as well. I am comparing to the servos that I have around now to use.

I would have gotten the 9380TH, but the .14 speed is something I know I will notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I was thinking about using the 9370's in my 88" EF Yak and the 9475's in my new Aerobeez 70" Slick PRO. Always good to hear user reviews :thumbup:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Would be curious to see what the current draw is while you're testing the servo under load, and not just for the Hitec, but for the other servos you've tested.

Be nice to have something like a spread sheet that shows something like the rated specs of the servos, the measured torque specs, and the measured current draw.

I'm willing to bet the current draw on the 9370 will be much lower than the rest under full load ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I setup my 100cc stuff I use a servo amp meter and the 7955s go up to 2A or so. The bushless 2270s and BLS-157s go to around 1A. These hitecs did not get warm at all. Others get very hot. I tried to test amp draw once while doing these, but hooking the meter up severely affects results. Too much wire and too small of gauge I guess.

I have a set of 9475s in my 73" AJ laser and I will be getting another set for my 74" EF laser.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice test results! What battery selection/voltage did you use for the test? Maybe I missed that.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Whether you operate them at 6.0v or 7.4v won't really matter because the servo will generate the same amount of torque on either voltage. The speed will be altered slightly but the torque won't be affected.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Why won't torque be affected by higher voltage? That doesn't make sense to me at the moment.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You're right and I must say I am surprised!

Constant Torque Output:
Thanks to our revolutionary circuit and motor designs, the HSB-9XXX Series maintain their speed in a more consistent manner, regardless of load.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-05_at_2.46.26_PM.png