• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scratch build Laser 200

WMcNabb

150cc
The laser is in the trailer waiting for the new esc, and it is ready for maiden flight once the weather is correct.
The Dalotel is being readied by changing the flight servos to the upgraded BlueBird H51B , also the flight/power controller will be changed to the AR SmoothFlight and should also see its maiden flight in early summer , and hope to have good videos of both.
I decided for my next project to scratch build the F7F Tigercat at a scale of 25% ish that is I had the Palmer drawings enlarged to 147.5 inches of wingspan, true 1/4 scale calls for around 154 inches of wingspan, I have already started to study the plans because a lot of the construction method has to be modified , but I am wrapping my head around it, and will start cutting ribs to do the wings first,
Now the incentive is two fold, one its been my favorite war bird for the past 40 years, and two, I will installing two 18 cylinder radials, hydraulics for retracts, and flaps etc, I have partnered with Antonio Silva of Authentic Scale and he will be a great value to this project in more ways then one , he will do all the CNC work such as the landing gears, wheels and more,

Holy smokes!! That will be a cool project. Can’t wait to watch this one come together!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
The laser is in the trailer waiting for the new esc, and it is ready for maiden flight once the weather is correct.
The Dalotel is being readied by changing the flight servos to the upgraded BlueBird H51B , also the flight/power controller will be changed to the AR SmoothFlight and should also see its maiden flight in early summer , and hope to have good videos of both.
I decided for my next project to scratch build the F7F Tigercat at a scale of 25% ish that is I had the Palmer drawings enlarged to 147.5 inches of wingspan, true 1/4 scale calls for around 154 inches of wingspan, I have already started to study the plans because a lot of the construction method has to be modified , but I am wrapping my head around it, and will start cutting ribs to do the wings first,
Now the incentive is two fold, one its been my favorite war bird for the past 40 years, and two, I will be installing two 18 cylinder radials, hydraulics for retracts, and flaps etc, I have partnered with Antonio Silva of Authentic Scale and he will be a great value to this project in more ways then one , he will do all the CNC work such as the landing gears, wheels and more, and supply the two engines

Why cant I hit the like button a million times.... So neat!

Having some time in the shop before flying season arrives , which will be testing both the Laser and the Dalotel and also finishing the design and fabrication of a single stick for a friend

So I guess its time to start a new thread

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 413
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 381