• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scratch build Laser 200

TonyHallo

150cc
It is my understanding that using the graphical method locates the mean aerodynamic chord, from there you need to determine at what percentage of the chord you want to fly at. 15% to 33% is the range that I can remember where the low side would be used for high lift flat bottom type wings and the high end would be used for aerobatic aircraft. Anything above approximately 33% becomes unstable, tail heavy. I built a Hurley Extra 300 many years ago, on the test flight I rolled inverted and it climbed at a 45 degree angle, landing was fun but not really uncontrollable, using down to land is just not normal.

Last edited:
by putting the power batteries under the cowling as in the photo, I was able to remove the weights which are still in the photo but gone now, Not only balance , but less weight also,

Attachments

• 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 452
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 484
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 496

TonyHallo

150cc
Roger,
Sounds great, what pipes are running!!!! You must have every Frsky Radio made, I see the new blue case. How do you like the roller?
I'm still using my model B!!!

Roger,
Sounds great, what pipes are running!!!! You must have every Frsky Radio made, I see the new blue case. How do you like the roller?
I'm still using my model B!!!

Hey Tony, not sure what you mean by pipes, since this is an electric motor. as for FrSky , ya I love them and the little blue one you see here is the X9 Lite , about $70, , 24 channels, open tx . it can do more then any radio on the planet including those super expensive Core, and even the new Futaba 32.

Testing everything for fit, working properly, like voltage sensors installed and working perfectly in the motor battery compartment, running the motor with this 27*10 propeller but only to about 2500 rpm to check for any vibration so far none, and perfectly balanced and true, as well as the 3D printed spinner, with no issues whatsoever,

55.jpg

The laser is in the trailer waiting for the new esc, and it is ready for maiden flight once the weather is correct.
The Dalotel is being readied by changing the flight servos to the upgraded BlueBird H51B , also the flight/power controller will be changed to the AR SmoothFlight and should also see its maiden flight in early summer , and hope to have good videos of both.
I decided for my next project to scratch build the F7F Tigercat at a scale of 25% ish that is I had the Palmer drawings enlarged to 147.5 inches of wingspan, true 1/4 scale calls for around 154 inches of wingspan, I have already started to study the plans because a lot of the construction method has to be modified , but I am wrapping my head around it, and will start cutting ribs to do the wings first,
Now the incentive is two fold, one its been my favorite war bird for the past 40 years, and two, I will be installing two 18 cylinder radials, hydraulics for retracts, and flaps etc, I have partnered with Antonio Silva of Authentic Scale and he will be a great value to this project in more ways then one , he will do all the CNC work such as the landing gears, wheels and more, and supply the two engines

Last edited: