• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 30cc (76") Extra 330sc

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Gyro,

Nice looking Extra! Great job on the assembly documentation as well.

Is any part of the lower fuse sheeted or is it stringers from the tail to the firewall? Are the stringers hard wood or balsa? I saw your call-out on the CF stringers......nice. Are they CF rod/tube or laminated wood?

Rex

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro,

Nice looking Extra! Great job on the assembly documentation as well.

Is any part of the lower fuse sheeted or is it stringers from the tail to the firewall? Are the stringers hard wood or balsa? I saw your call-out on the CF stringers......nice. Are they CF rod/tube or laminated wood?

Rex

None of the lower fuse is sheeted, but it is nice and flat. I've mentioned to Tim about trying some sheeting on future models, at least from the gear forward. We'll see :)

The CF stringers are either solid or square tube, but definitely 100% carbon. From what I can see, the outer extend the whole fuse, the center ends at the landing gear block.

It definitely seems solidly built, but not overly done.

Thanks for your input I just ordered a Extra 330 30CC and will be following your thread closely! I got the red deal with a DLE35RA, XQ4020 servos, and 19x8 propeller.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for your input I just ordered a Extra 330 30CC and will be following your thread closely! I got the red deal with a DLE35RA, XQ4020 servos, and 19x8 propeller.

Awesome news! The Red Deal makes it really easy to get everything you need quick and easy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

SnowDog

congrats! that is an excellent deal!
looking forward to hearing your opinions on the plane, engine, servos, and build, and flight report! ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got more work done last night, she's fully prepared and ready to receive an engine!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409842917.140143.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409842933.988574.jpg
First up I mounted the Bavarian Demon Cortex Gyro, and also the Hitec Optima 9 receiver. Plenty of space behind the wing tube to install the gear.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409842946.938794.jpg
I also installed the Fromeco Badger switch on the side of the plane. Had to make a small balsa plate for it to mount on, but it was easy and looks / works great. I also installed the OPTO kill and led light.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409842958.320188.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409842983.332205.jpg
Plumbed the [MENTION=2715]WrongWayRc[/MENTION] fuel tank, and used a cool matching red Spot-On RC magnetic fuel dot. Had to add a small balsa plate on the bottom of the fuse to hold the vent line where it exits.

All that's left: Install some Xion wing bolts from [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION], install a spanking new DA35 from [MENTION=3029]woodisgood[/MENTION], and of course, the throttle servo.

Almost there!