• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 30cc (76") Extra 330sc

AKfreak

150cc
You are a building fool. I cant wait to see some vids of this one and the big one with you at the sticks. I want to see some of that world famous POP TOP action! Also I still want to see the final' "official forum decals". Are you getting some for this plane?

Last edited by a moderator:

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] I know you always use glacier receiver packs and I had a question on how many flights you get out of a pair of 2600s in a 35% er. And if they make bigger packs that I'm not seeing on the site.

AKfreak

150cc
I use Glacier Life packs for my RX & servos on my 30cc electic. I can fly 6 times with no fade on 2x1100mah

gyro

GSN Contributor
You are a building fool. I cant wait to see some vids of this one and the big one with you at the sticks. I want to see some of that world famous POP TOP action! Also I still want to see the final' "official forum decals". Are you getting some for this plane?

I've got some in hand, still debating placement location and which plane.
To be honest, I've got a bit of a connection with the original design ;)

[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] I know you always use glacier receiver packs and I had a question on how many flights you get out of a pair of 2600s in a 35% er. And if they make bigger packs that I'm not seeing on the site.

On my small planes, I do three 15 min flights with one 2600. On the bigger planes, I get four or five 12 minute flights with two of them. Number of flights also changes with brushless (you can almost get double).
I likely charge more frequently than required, buts that's because I take so many planes to the field I don't get a ton of flights on any one, and I always put them back in storage charge when I get home.

And yes, the have a bunch of sizes:
http://www.buddyrc.com/battery/glacier-lipo-battery/glacier-receiver-battery.html

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I could not find that page on my phone. Are you voltage checking these or just running them like an a123 and know mah per flight ?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Back to the build :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604255.353894.jpg
Installed the beautiful wheel pants. They're made of plastic, not fiberglass. While this makes them more durable and resistant to damage, they also flex a little more, so the paint is more likely to chip. I'll probably remove them after the maiden and photo day at my grass field.

Ok, time for the servo install. Got them all done, and put some bling on too! Got the [MENTION=388]Aztech Aeromodels[/MENTION] goodies, including the Spot-on arms all around, matching red ball links, and the Secraft Tensioners for the pull-pull setup; also did a permanent install on the Secraft removable rudder turnbuckles. I like these much better than the factory ball links with brass eyelet for the wire. These don't have any sharp edges that can wear through the wire over time. Another awesome feature is that it's really simple to keep your wires tight as they relax over time. And, last but not least, they look bad ass. I went with the red to provide some contrast to the plane.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604531.306118.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604567.607548.jpg
Clean and good looking pull-pull install.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604541.236016.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604876.587077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409604884.795119.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409605191.934931.jpg
Flashy red arms and ball links

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409605123.402592.jpg
Got all the servos installed and setup on the receiver. Test fit of the wings and installation of the stab went perfect.

Next up, clean up the extensions, mount the receiver, badger switch, and install the tank and fuel dot.

What size servos arms did you install as I assume you are setup for max control throw??

Redwing site recommends 1.25" and 3" arms.

Last edited by a moderator: