• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 89" Extra 330SC

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION], [MENTION=712]bbrown2828[/MENTION], [MENTION=1185]cardenflyer[/MENTION]:

I recommend you remove and reinstall the lower canopy mounting tabs... Use with thin ca, then epoxy/thick CA. Both of mine came out in flight.

View attachment 26907View attachment 26908

Already talked with Tim about it, and some kind of product bulletin is forthcoming.

that glue looks like paste made from last nights left over rice

AKfreak

150cc
That is funny. I know the glue you speak of. I have seen it on many of the entry level planes I have purchased in the past. Looks like 2% watery milk meets watered down Elmer's school glue. The stuff dries hard as a rock, and I often wondered exactly what kind of glue it really is.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey Gyro, when you test fly the plane, you fly it with the gyro on it right?

I put the gyro in after two days at the field...
I like to get to know the plane first.

But, the Cortex is on a 3 position switch and one of them is OFF, so I can turn it off and on in flight.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] that is really light for a 89" span! And as big bodied as this is

Also you have a decent amount of hardware in there right?

16.75 with what batteries and other options. Also how much does the cortex weigh?

Just curious what other builders can expect on other options. Ours came in a touch lighter but I go pretty simple in my test planes.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] that is really light for a 89" span! And as big bodied as this is

Also you have a decent amount of hardware in there right?

16.75 with what batteries and other options. Also how much does the cortex weigh?

Just curious what other builders can expect on other options. Ours came in a touch lighter but I go pretty simple in my test planes.

Two fromeco 2600mah relion batts, wolverine switch, optima9 rx, tech aero IBEC, heavy duty extensions, bell crank choke pull, aluminum tensioners/links on the pull-pull setup, standard size throttle servo, and an added balsa tray for the rx.

Also, the 16.75 weight was prior to the cortex install...

I think anything under 17lbs in this size class is awesome, and you should be proud!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got a few more pictures taken at the field yesterday, after I applied a bunch of Knife Edge Graphix to the plane... excellent work on them Dennis!

One of the things I like most about his work, is the border-less cut around my pilot name, the aurora 9x logo, the Hitec logo, and the way he 3D enhances them.

redwing extra 330sc-1-3.jpgredwing extra 330sc-1-2.jpgredwing extra 330sc-1-4.jpg
redwing extra 330sc-1-5.jpg
redwing extra 330sc-1.jpg

AKfreak

150cc
Nice plane, I am really diggin on that scheme. Oh, and the pictures are great. That little gyro watermark is cool.