• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

TonyHallo

150cc
I gave the interior a coat of Rustoleum Stone Gray before continuing with the fabric. I plan to leave the fabric on the windows and door until the painting is complete that way I only need to mask off the windshield area. I decided to relocate some of the radio components while doing the repairs.
The Redundancy Bus was previously located until the dash and it was a real pain to access through the door so it is moved under the floor. The R8 PRO used as receiver 1 was located under the rear seat, I suspect the seat frame had some impact on reception so it is now mounted in the roof above the front seat, it's redundant R4 receiver is located near by with different antenna orientations, the R4 designated as receiver 2 is located in the aft of the plane with different orientations. Once covered receiver 2 will be inaccessible. The original is show in first photo. I tested the setup on the bench and failed each receiver and it worked flawlessly, need to test in the plane before I finish covering.

IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_2484-1.jpg
IMG_2485-1.jpg
IMG_2486-1.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I gave the interior a coat of Rustoleum Stone Gray before continuing with the fabric. I plan to leave the fabric on the windows and door until the painting is complete that way I only need to mask off the windshield area. I decided to relocate some of the radio components while doing the repairs.
The Redundancy Bus was previously located until the dash and it was a real pain to access through the door so it is moved under the floor. The R8 PRO used as receiver 1 was located under the rear seat, I suspect the seat frame had some impact on reception so it is now mounted in the roof above the front seat, it's redundant R4 receiver is located near by with different antenna orientations, the R4 designated as receiver 2 is located in the aft of the plane with different orientations. Once covered receiver 2 will be inaccessible. The original is show in first photo. I tested the setup on the bench and failed each receiver and it worked flawlessly, need to test in the plane before I finish covering.

View attachment 121021View attachment 121022View attachment 121023View attachment 121024
Can you explain the spring on the first picture hooked to the servo.

TonyHallo

150cc
The trim tab on the elevator has poor geometry. A pulley is attached to the bottom of the elevator, as the elevator moves the pulley swings an arc which pulls the cable tight, the trim servo is in a sliding tray and the swing maintains tension. Additionally both cables are in the same pulley that adds more friction. As I move the elevator the trim servo slides in the tray. I have the trim servo turned off currently.
IMG_1383.JPG

TonyHallo

150cc
I'm really loving those 3mm pinking shears. It took several hours to do the area behind the rear window with pinking tape when I originally built the plane, here it took about 30 minutes. I find I get better results if I pretreat the fabric with Ekobond glue before cutting to the line, this keeps the pinked edge together.
With the pinking tape I had to glue the outer edge then shrink the tape around the inner radius. I had to glue small sections to form around the outer radius which took some time. Now I made a template with See Temp and cut it out, bang done.
I should have all the finishing tape installed tomorrow. This is a time consuming process as @dhal22 will soon find out!

IMG_2487-1.jpg