Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by TonyHallo, Jan 5, 2019.

1. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

IMG_2105.JPG My first build here on GSN, so let's get it started. I started building the ribs last winter while recovering from back surgery. There are a total of 50 pieces in each rib. I made is jig out of 3/4" plywood. I think the maximum ribs produced in a day was three since I was using Titebond II glue and I wasn't going anywhere.

myfivezees, Alky6, Jetpainter and 4 others like this.
  2. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

IMG_2108.JPG For some reason the photo above is rotated 90 degrees? This one is the same view as my computer. Ready to come of the jig, the 1/32" plywood reinforcements still need glued to back side.

3. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

The wing bow are laminated from 1/16" basswood, 8 layers. The buck is 3/4" plywood covered with package tape. IMG_2118.JPG IMG_2119.JPG

Alky6, Jetpainter, dhal22 and 4 others like this.
  4. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

IMG_2218.JPG I got the plans rolled out and ready start gluing the wings together. The spars are 5/16" x 6' that I ordered from Aircraft Spruce.

AKNick, Alky6, Jetpainter and 3 others like this.
  5. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Very nice. Please continue to share your progrss.

Jetpainter and pawnshopmike like this.

6. +1
    We love a good build thread!

Jetpainter, dhal22 and stangflyer like this.
  7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Looking forward to this one!

8. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yes we do! :mario-banana::fist_pump:

9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Wow cannot belive we are this lucky. Thanks for posting this build on GSN and I am in on the build. Looks like a big plane. And you have patience to build ribs like that it’s a pity that it all gets covered up and nobody can see all the detail work that went into the plane. But you know that we did see it will enjoy following you through the build.

Jetpainter, acerc and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    To say the least.

pawnshopmike, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.