• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

TonyHallo

150cc
When I went to the shelf where the fabric is stored I realized that there was not enough fabric to cover the wings! As a matter of fact there was only enough to cover the bottom of one wing. The bottom of the right wing is covered and screws installed, shrunk to 200 degrees F, just enough to take the wrinkles out. Once the top is covered will tighten up a bit more. Covering the ailerons while waiting for the fabric to arrive. It takes time because the tapes are close together and working one side at a time.

IMG_3101.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
I'm using Stits fabric and tapes applied with Steward Systems water based products. I can work inside the house without the odor of MEK. I used Stits products on the Super Cub last fall because I could work outside or in the garage with the doors open. The Stits product is easier to use in my opinion and somewhat reversible, you can pretty much wipe any mistake clean with MEK and start over, not so much with the Stewards System. Since this is the second build using Stewards, I'm pretty much getting the hang of it. The 3 mm pinking shears are getting a work out, was cutting out 2 1/4" diameter doilies today for the inspection rings, the original build just had the ring glued on without doilies.
The screws are scale and the reason I decided on using screws is because the airfoil is under cambered.