Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by TonyHallo, Jan 5, 2019.

1. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

Reference photo IMG_0210 (1).JPG

2. G. Staheli

G. Staheli New to GSN!

TN

3. G. Staheli

G. Staheli New to GSN!

TN

4. G. Staheli

G. Staheli New to GSN!

TN
    TonyHallo
    Do you make the landing gears and tailwheel for the 1/3 scale to sell or know where I can get them. I'm also interested in the Canopy and Cowl. Thanks so much.

Gary

5. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

No I don't. Just my hobby. The cowl and canopy are available from Don Carlson at RCaiir@gmail.com, he has a kit as well. Welcome aboard!

6. G. Staheli

G. Staheli New to GSN!

TN
    Thanks for your response.
    Any avice on where to get the talewheel or how to make it. I don't have a shop and I have to sorce it out.

Gary

7. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

8. G. Staheli

G. Staheli New to GSN!

TN
  9. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

Working on the rudder pull-pull, hinge pins and the elevator control linkage. Found a photo of the full scale part on line. Need to come up with two clevises for the rudder cables, right thinking of forming them from copper sheet.

IMG_2690.JPG 12360.png

G. Staheli and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

The copper sheet was too thin for my liking so used .050" thick brass sheet. Got to use the Balsa USA Nicopress tool as well that I picked up at Toledo this past year. Once the rudder cable runs are finalized can finish up the elevator linkage IMG_2691.JPG

G. Staheli, dhal22, -Rick- and 3 others like this.