• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

puked up a plug

crashflow

70cc twin V2
So I finally got around to freshing up the fuel system in my 107 pilot yak with DLE 111. I have flown the dikens out of this plane after I rebuilt it a couple years ago. I noticed last time out it was not running up to par and I had been having trouble getting fuel in the tank. I was running a 2 line psp figi waterbottle set up with a felt tipped clunk. I figured the clunk was getting plugged so I took everything out and put in a new 3 line tank. Problem solved! So I strapped it down to run it up and make sure everything was back to working order . I fired it and let it warm up alittle and when I advanced it the spark plug poped out!! All the threads are stripped!! Is there any repair for this or am I up a creek?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow! Did it run / start like normal and run smooth? When you center the pistons at TDC is the edge of the magnet about 1/4-5/16" from the edge of the hall sensor? Just looking to see if maybe the hub slipped / key sheared and made timing way advanced.

If not, I wonder if it worked loose some time ago and just finally let go. If that was the case, I would imagine there would be signs of crap blowing by the plug.

Not sure if there is a fix other than a new head. Valleyview has a sale on til the 28th: http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/dle-55-cylinder.html

crashflow

70cc twin V2
yea started right up idled fine , no oily mess by the plug.. It is a v1 so I am having trouble finding a jug for it but I did just score a new dle 120 for 600 so that is going to go on there till I can fix it! now I just hope all my props fit!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
yea started right up idled fine , no oily mess by the plug.. It is a v1 so I am having trouble finding a jug for it but I did just score a new dle 120 for 600 so that is going to go on there till I can fix it! now I just hope all my props fit!

LOL, your props will fit but they will be too small. Good opportunity to ditch that Mej and Xoar routine and see what you've been missing;) Congrats on the new engine, you will love it!

I would call up @SupaTim at VVRC and see if there is any options for you.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Man i like my mej props. What do you run.
I flew with a Mej 27/10th on the dle 111 and thought it was a perfect 3d prop. I was always happy with the performance of the engine. I guess I will be able to compare power when I install the 120 on it. Now I just have to figure out what prop to put on it.