• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

jeff

30cc
Wow!! Nice work Rob...I will hang two pics on my wall. This one( framed ) and the other when painted.

Jeff

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Jeff. Sometime over this next week I am going to shoot you an email. It will consist of your end assembly instructions. Per a conversation with Frank to ship it need's to be totally broke down, meaning, the wings, the tail feathers, pant's and wheels. Or! If your ok with it I can photo document it here for your assembly viewing. How ever you wish, it will be done.

Jaketab

50cc
Question about which adhesive. I'm using the white Aerobond glue from Vogelsang.
When building the giant Pitts, do you use the white glue such as Aerobond or Titebond II exclusively???

Or - do you use CA on stringers and soft balsa???
I currently building the tail sections to start.

Thanks - Jaketab

It goes without saying that on motorbox, gear, and other critical structures, I will use epoxy or Hysol 9462.

jeff

30cc
Robert

I don't mind you photo documenting it here. I'm sure some of the guys would be interested...maybe. Besides, I always assemble everything from pictures. Who doesn't? Ha ha!!
Jeff

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Question about which adhesive. I'm using the white Aerobond glue from Vogelsang.
When building the giant Pitts, do you use the white glue such as Aerobond or Titebond II exclusively???

Or - do you use CA on stringers and soft balsa???
I currently building the tail sections to start.

Thanks - Jaketab

It goes without saying that on motorbox, gear, and other critical structures, I will use epoxy or Hysol 9462.
I use Titebond II almost exclusively, epoxy if there is a gap on hardwood, c/a to seal cuts on the fingers.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Robert

I don't mind you photo documenting it here. I'm sure some of the guys would be interested...maybe. Besides, I always assemble everything from pictures. Who doesn't? Ha ha!!
Jeff
Will do thanks!

pittsflyer777

New to GSN!
Ok guy's , here is the airframe assembled less the engine (I know it fits already). Now to disassemble it and do a final sand in prep for covering. I will do it in section's, sand and cover that is. I will begin this, sand and cover phase, tomorrow.
Beautiful work!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry nothing has been done and posted. I decided, after much prodding by flying buddies, to take mine to 12 O'Clock High. So I have spent this time getting it back together and finally fired it back up again this morning. It is all ready to go for in the morning. I will have to get focused on Jeff's Pitts afterwards because the wife want's her bedroom and bath done before the holidays. The build occupies her very raw bedroom and the bathroom is just a shell. So, probably Sunday, I will get at it and try to get the Bulldog done by end of the next weekend.

Jaketab

50cc
Question - getting ready to laminate the 5 - balsa strips on the stabs, elevators, fin, and rudder. The instructions say to soak the strips in warm water, lay out on building board, and apply glue (Titebond II) to one side. The 5 balsa strips are (pasted together) and then bent around the leading / trailing edges, and secured with nails or pins in the building board.

Is this the preferred method or is there a better way to do this ??????

Thanks - Jaketab