• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Kevin and welcome aboard a real modelers site. I will be back to building the first of the month or sooner possibly. I will go look at the link and make the necessary corrections.
Later!

Jaketab

50cc
Hello Acerc and All,

I just purchased the EMHW 3.04m Pitts S1 from Vogelsang in the USA. The engine will be either a Valach 210 or Kolm 220 boxer.
This is my first build of a plane from a kit - so I'm sure there will be much hair pulling.
At this stage I'm undecided on the covering and scheme. Expect the build to get underway in approximately 1 month after I construct a build table.

Great build thread.
Regards - Jaketab

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hello @Jaketab,

Welcome to GSN. . . . . :welcome:
There is nobody here that will help you if you don't do a build thread of your own with lots of pictures for us wanna be builders (i.e. me) to admire. :laughing: Of course, I'm kidding. You've come to the right place to ask as many questions as you can think of. I'm sure someone will help you out with whatever assistance you need.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Hello Acerc and All,

I just purchased the EMHW 3.04m Pitts S1 from Vogelsang in the USA. The engine will be either a Valach 210 or Kolm 220 boxer.
This is my first build of a plane from a kit - so I'm sure there will be much hair pulling.
At this stage I'm undecided on the covering and scheme. Expect the build to get underway in approximately 1 month after I construct a build table.

Great build thread.
Regards - Jaketab

Welcome to the Pitts club Jaketab..
You have no idea how much hair! LOL! The kit is a real piece of real craftsmanship, the instructions are quite the opposite. As far as questions go, like mentioned by others, ask away. I know I had plenty of questions when I built the first one. But, unfortunately I could not find anyone that had built one until I was done. Now nearing the finishing of the second one so I may be of a little help. The third one sitting in the box on the floor will have to set awhile, I'm getting a little getting tired of building.

Jaketab

50cc
Thanks for the welcome to GSN.
The EMHW 3.04 Pitts kit is Hugh!!! The cowl roughly measures 20"x 20"x 16". Should be more then enough room to house the Valach 210.
Not to get off topic, but 1st task is the build table. Will construct a 36" x 84" table from 3/4" white melamine board with a 3. 3/4" frame supporting the top. The board comes laminated with a hard white surface on both sides. I like idea of a carbon steel sheet and magnet system for the table top. Questions - can anyone advise on where to purchase the building magnets??? Or - will a sheet of drywall on the table top be adequate for pinning the build???? I'll be using the Aerobond Express glue from Vogelsang to join the wood.

Thanks - Jaketab

Note - Just did a little research and came up with Airfield Models as a source for info and magnets.

Last edited: