• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC owners thread

Practicing going left.

This airplane really likes to roll quickly, even in high alpha, because of its huge ailerons. Hard to get it to do those super slow rolls.
I don't know if you've ever watched Buttface fly, but he rolls slower than anyone. He doesn't peg the aileron all the way when he rolls. He's always jockeying the stick to keep the roll rate constant. You can see it in his videos but I watched him fly in person and he's really active with that right stick.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I don't know if you've ever watched Buttface fly, but he rolls slower than anyone. He doesn't peg the aileron all the way when he rolls. He's always jockeying the stick to keep the roll rate constant. You can see it in his videos but I watched him fly in person and he's really active with that right stick.

I've flown with @Tavis, he works that airplane all over the place. Point rollers are the next step. Having smaller ailerons might help out better too :p:cool:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Practicing going left.

This airplane really likes to roll quickly, even in high alpha, because of its huge ailerons. Hard to get it to do those super slow rolls.
Try setting a different rate on them for harriers. Maybe reduce the throw a little?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
If I want a slower roll rate then I just roll right :D:laughing:
Well there you go then. Roll slow...roll fast...roll slow...roll fast.
hand-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
If I want a slower roll rate then I just roll right :D:laughing:
Airplanes roll in both directions?;)

I standing at the field one day watching the best pilot in our club doing very low rolling harriers in a circle in front of him. One of the club know it all's comes up and says "Notice how those guys always roll the same direction". I told him 'Well if you pay attention, he's changing the direction of his roll every quarter way around the circle". He stood there for a second watching, shook his head and walked off. I laughed my butt off.