• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC owners thread

I purchased my first PRC plane back in late 2009. It was an Extra 300 35%, DLE 111, custom scheme from Tony's factory in China. Graphics were done by an FG member, can't remember his name. What an amazing plane she was. She was setup for IMAC, and flew really well. A lot of the "elitists" bashed me for buying a cheap no-named brand of aircraft. They also ragged on the engine. Look at Pilot RC and DLE Engines now! Unfortunately soon after my purchase, (a few months) I divorced and quit flying for a very long time.

Sold the plane to my brother. He totaled it on the first flight. I'm actually meeting a gentleman tomorrow to pick up another Pilot. This one is an Extra 330sc 35%. Red white and blue scheme with B&E graphics package, DLE 120 on the business end. I won't post a picture until it is in my hangar.

Tony Tan was very good to me. He always went above and beyond. This was my first real
giant, and he made the experience memorable. I will always support Tony and his company whenever possible.

Steve
SNC00029.jpg
SNC00032.jpg
SNC00033.jpg
SNC00038.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I purchased my first PRC plane back in late 2009. It was an Extra 300 35%, DLE 111, custom scheme from Tony's factory in China. Graphics were done by an FG member, can't remember his name. What an amazing plane she was. She was setup for IMAC, and flew really well. A lot of the "elitists" bashed me for buying a cheap no-named brand of aircraft. They also ragged on the engine. Look at Pilot RC and DLE Engines now! Unfortunately soon after my purchase, (a few months) I divorced and quit flying for a very long time.

Sold the plane to my brother. He totaled it on the first flight. I'm actually meeting a gentleman tomorrow to pick up another Pilot. This one is an Extra 330sc 35%. Red white and blue scheme with B&E graphics package, DLE 120 on the business end. I won't post a picture until it is in my hangar.

Tony Tan was very good to me. He always went above and beyond. This was my first real
giant, and he made the experience memorable. I will always support Tony and his company whenever possible.

Steve
View attachment 55015 View attachment 55016 View attachment 55017 View attachment 55018
Good for you! And I mean that. Many manufacturers out there are producing good stuff. Some have stepped up their game recently. I sometimes find myself browsing other planes from other companies. I almost feel like I am being unfaithful and cheating. Lol, Yet invariably I always return to the top shelf company I've come to respect and depend on. Pilot R/C. Next in line for me is the Pilot Edge Hamilton Scheme. I'm having dreams and pretty sure the only way they will stop is to add this one to my Hangar.
edge540_1.jpg
edge540_3.jpg
edge540_2.jpg

Good for you! And I mean that. Many manufacturers out there are producing good stuff. Some have stepped up their game recently. I sometimes find myself browsing other planes from other companies. I almost feel like I am being unfaithful and cheating. Lol, Yet invariably I always return to the top shelf company I've come to respect and depend on. Pilot R/C. Next in line for me is the Pilot Edge Hamilton Scheme. I'm having dreams and pretty sure the only way they will stop is to add this one to my Hangar.View attachment 55019 View attachment 55020 View attachment 55021
Yeah, that scheme is badazz. A 92" version would find a home with me. I have a new BE62 wanting to be mounted to a firewall!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I recieved an email from Tony not long ago. The 107/119 will be available next month. The 92" and the 40 center is in the testing stage and should be available in July. Got my name "ALL" ova da 92". Gotz me a 3dub 70 twin that's sitting all lonely and schtuff waiting for it to make its appearance.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Thanks Joe... I did find his video last night mentioning it was a 37.5% Pilot. Just couldn't find the motor. I'm actually considering an engine swap on my 40% Pilot Yak. Looking "really" seriously at the ZDZ 210.

Tavis is thinking about a ZDZ 210 on his 2nd 122" Pilot RC Extra 330s "jumbo aileron" plane. He built the first "jumbo aileron" at way over 50lbs wet. And, the ZDZ-180 is working pretty hard. Actually says the plane is fun, though.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Tavis is thinking about a ZDZ 210 on his 2nd 122" Pilot RC Extra 330s "jumbo aileron" plane. He built the first "jumbo aileron" at way over 50lbs wet. And, the ZDZ-180 is working pretty hard. Actually says the plane is fun, though.
That is so cool. Been talking to Joe a lot lately, he tells me the 210 loves the Falcon 34x13. At 5370, it is far more than the 210 3dub is twisting with a 34x12. We'll see how it plays out after the 3w gets broken in good. "If" it even makes it that far before I pull the trigger on the ZDZ 210.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

Steve
View attachment 55015 View attachment 55016 View attachment 55017 View attachment 55018
I really miss Extra 300's. I like 330SC's, but now that's just about all you see.

I really miss Extra 300's. I like 330SC's, but now that's just about all you see.
I think the 300's and Yaks are my favorite air frames. I'm buying the 330 because it's a great deal. Wou
Here you go.......Extra 300 but not a Pilot cuz Pilot was a whole different ball game back then........So was I :confused??:.

View attachment 55028
That was then...This is now....
View attachment 55029
Wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Then I noticed the watch!;)