• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pilot RC 32% Decathlon

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
tsa giving ya trouble? good thing i wasnt with this time. i would have said something like...not like he will dice someone up or whatnot. it isnt a lawnmower blade like what i bought for my mower restoration hobby. lol. see us in cuffs right?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I hope the can / header length combo works great as is.....not a whole lot of options for adjustment. It runs super on the ground. I'd really like to have some big fat turf wheels / tires but I'll see how the stock setup works first. Hoping to get a half dozen flights on it tomorrow and get it trimmed out and KE mixing complete. These things knife edge very nice with the huge side area.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
After all the innocuous stuff they've confiscated from me I can't believe they let you carry on a big carbon prop.
Looking good!

Yea, I got a little nervous. The guy took the covers off and was feeling the edges and asked me a few questions. Then I mentioned the big event down by Woodruff and he said he had heard about that and wanted to go some day. Off I went with a smile and I never looked back!! If I were flying out of Atlanta or something I would not have even tried it but Greenville is still a pretty small airport.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well we got the big plane out for a little maiden flight or two, or three or four today!! Third flight I had all the final trimming done and mostly knife edge mixed so @thelaw took the sticks for almost an entire flight. Within a couple of minutes she was doing figure-8's around the field and I only took the plane over when she was done flying. Not bad since she has not really flown for over a year!!!

Very nice plane, going to be very happy with it. but I am honestly thinking about ditching the pants and wheels and getting some big turf tires.

The @Planebender Pro-Flow is soooo smooth and quiet on this 85 it really is a joy to just leisurelyfly around and shoot touch-n-goes. On landing approach you can't even tell if the engine is still running it's so quiet. Plane is basically 27lb. and hovers at just over half throttle with the Falcon 26x10 Carbon.

Knife-edge, harrier and inverted flight is super easy. It does crazy slow slip passes that are really cool.

image001.jpg

image005.jpg

Attachments

• image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 285
  • image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 299
  • image019.jpg
    image019.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 292
  • image035.jpg
    image035.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 301
  • image041.jpg
    image041.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 267
  • image055.jpg
    image055.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 230
  • image058.jpg
    image058.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 370
  • image059.jpg
    image059.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 248
  • image088.jpg
    image088.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 233
  • image098.jpg
    image098.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image110.jpg
    image110.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 363
  • image111.jpg
    image111.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 409
  • image115.jpg
    image115.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 355
Nice Job Terry! If you think it's smooth now wait till you lean the low 1/8th of a turn. Break it in first as it sounds perfect for the break in procedure .

Dave