• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Mentally I'm 10. Physically..........You don't want to know what I am physically. Here we go again......"back in the box"

back in the box.jpg

Hey Donnie look! a kerpeller! @ChickenBalls

Joe Hunt

150cc
I don't have a telemetry setup for the engine, so I don't have any data for you about the effectiveness of the baffle job I did. But, I just yanked the motor to send it in to DA to have them look at the timing, etc. What I noticed was no pink whatsoever on the cylinders. Every DA I've seen after 10 gallons has some pink to it. Pretty unscientific, but that's all I got. haha

Attachments

• 20151222_171946.jpg
    20151222_171946.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 20151222_171950.jpg
    20151222_171950.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 222

Joe Hunt

150cc
After I pulled the engine I started looking for loose joints from the flatspin landing. There were a couple. I also saw that all the joints were put together with hot glue (as we all know). I'm so glad that Pilot leaves the firewall off for us to glue in with some quality epoxy. Anyway, it's always bad when I look at something for too long. I decided I wanted to glue the whole plane up, and also redo the wiring and move all the gear forward because of the tailheavy condition (which I am going to make worse by adding two more elevator servos). So... one thing led to another... and next think you know:

Attachments

• 20151223_021049.jpg
    20151223_021049.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 232

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
After I pulled the engine I started looking for loose joints from the flatspin landing. There were a couple. I also saw that all the joints were put together with hot glue (as we all know). I'm so glad that Pilot leaves the firewall off for us to glue in with some quality epoxy. Anyway, it's always bad when I look at something for too long. I decided I wanted to glue the whole plane up, and also redo the wiring and move all the gear forward because of the tailheavy condition (which I am going to make worse by adding two more elevator servos). So... one thing led to another... and next think you know:
Doooode! I liiiiike. Recovers are the best. This is gonna be rockin'!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I hate it when that happens. I'll go in to re-glue a stringer down and before I know it the fuselage is naked with several new parts cut and ready to go in... :banana-dance:

I don't have a telemetry setup for the engine, so I don't have any data for you about the effectiveness of the baffle job I did. But, I just yanked the motor to send it in to DA to have them look at the timing, etc. What I noticed was no pink whatsoever on the cylinders. Every DA I've seen after 10 gallons has some pink to it. Pretty unscientific, but that's all I got. haha

Pink??? My 120 is as silver as ever, no hint of pink at all. I personally have put almost 10 gallons through it, and it's had several more before me :oblong: