• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Pilot101

New to GSN!
Wow nice save.

Around two months ago I had a similar thing happen on my 120cc sbach distracted during assembly and forgot two of the wing bolts. flew the whole 10 minute flight not seeing or noticing anything (I put this down to the tight fit of the wing and the fact that it slides into the fuse almost 2.5 inches) until I landed as touched down the left wing slid out and rotated to the 90 degree position.

I sencerly believed I was the luckiest man alive at that moment

Joe, you won't believe how an incident like this will change you I ended up removing the canopy floor in order to subdue my now OCD need to check the wing bolts. Hahaha

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Unfortunately, wiggling usually either exposes or more likely in my case, causes problems. Nice job on the double flusher.

Not sure if I worded mine correctly. Was range testing and wiggling the surfaces and one of my wings was not secured. The wiggling caused the wing to tilt. All of this while I wasn't flying of course. That plane lived a few more years...

Good save. Glad your plane was ok. That is one of the reasons i keep all the bolts for assembly and the tools for that plane in a servo box. Once all the bolts are missing they should be in the plane. Double check before the hatch goes on then i put the tools in the box and double check again.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Nice save indeed. A separated wing for me only means money separated from my wallet.

I hear that! I had it happen once before on a Carden which had the wing retention fail... total destruction. :/ I thought sure this plane was 100% done.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Joe, you won't believe how an incident like this will change you I ended up removing the canopy floor in order to subdue my now OCD need to check the wing bolts. Hahaha

Exactly! I need pictures! I have been thinking about how I can make this foolproof!