• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Glad your plane was ok. That is one of the reasons i keep all the bolts for assembly and the tools for that plane in a servo box. Once all the bolts are missing they should be in the plane. Double check before the hatch goes on then i put the tools in the box and double check again.

Thanks, me too! haha Yeah, I do the same thing with the servo box... but I didn't even look, let alone double check... I just wasn't on my game... truth be told I was agitated before I got to the field and was telling myself to just turn around and go home. That my head wasn't in it and that'd I'd probably make a mistake. I was right, or I manifested it, or something. I better make a clipboard checkbox preflight checklist at this point. I kid you not. haha

Joe Hunt

150cc
No video.....didn't happen;)

My daughter was just getting her video camera out when I set it down. From the moment I was on the ground until now I can't make up my mind about whether or not I would want to see that video (if she had taken it). One minute I'm sure I do, and one minute I'm sure I don't. haha

Just before take off:
20151219_150508.jpg

Thanks, me too! haha Yeah, I do the same thing with the servo box... but I didn't even look, let alone double check... I just wasn't on my game... truth be told I was agitated before I got to the field and was telling myself to just turn around and go home. That my head wasn't in it and that'd I'd probably make a mistake. I was right, or I manifested it, or something. I better make a clipboard checkbox preflight checklist at this point. I kid you not. haha
Ever since I crashed my EF 88" Edge on maiden, I've started listening to that little voice. It is quite wise.

I was over-tired from a LONG few weeks leading up to Nall and should not have rushed the maiden.

BJ Swope

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

What I do is I remove the wing bolts and keep them in my hand and do one wing panel at a time- it's difficult for me to do another wing panel when my hand is full ;)

Then I double check before the canopy goes on. I'm habitual with stuff like that, it's difficult for me to forget.

I drill a hole through the alignment pin and use a hitch pin. Stays in until it slides through the fuse and immediately gets reinstalled. Lost a plane from this, hadn't gotten around to doing it on that one yet! :very_angry: