• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I had an issue with the wing tube being "tight" on my Pilot Edge and now on the Peak Model Extra 300sc. In both instances I found it was excess glue getting in the tube sockets at the wing roots and fuse formers. All I did was lightly sand by hand around the ID of the openings to a "snug fit". I like it that way. I don't think one would want to sand the carbon wing tube itself IMO. Now the stab tubes is a different story.........Of my current inventory (EF 104 inch Extra300, 30% Pilot Edge and most recent Peak Models 32% Extra 300sc) all had a rather "loose" fit of the tube. On a "now demised" 25% Edge I recently crashed the stab tube had to be wrapped in packing tape to get a snug fit.

Spats

100cc
@Spats ... this tail is very heavy to pick up... this seems to happen when I run tune pipes... which is why I went pull/pull...

That would be cool if it does not come out real nose heavy. I have used cans and mufflers but never pipes so maybe it will help. Seems like I almost always have to add tail weight. That elevator throw will be fun, this plane is extremely stable in a harrier (No wing rock) no matter how much elevator you throw at it lol.

Looks like your almost ready. It's nice we live in So Cal and get to fly ALL year:brian-banana: