• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

yakken

100cc
When my wires are running down the fuse and I want to zip tie them to the cross members, e.g. formers, I don't like to zip tie them directly and the zip tie cutting into them at basically a 45 degree angle. I'll put a zip tie on the former and then zip tie the wires to that zip tie. Seems like a lot less cutting into the insulation:

View attachment 44862
I put all my wires and fuel hoses in the braded wire loom. Never had it rub threw .

Joe Hunt

150cc
I used to have a fishing charter business in Cabo for 10 years. We never used coated for our leaders because eventually the coat wears down and then the crimp can became loose. There for Spats does not use coated:)

Good, because I went with non coated! :gnashing:

Joe Hunt

150cc
I run the screw through the clamp in the cutouts.

Check out the mystery dents in the front of the can in the one pic. I have no idea where they came from.

See, there's more than one way to skin a cat! (what a gross saying, huh? haha)

You really don't know where those dents came from? Strange, huh?

Joe Hunt

150cc
Anybody else have trouble with the wing tubes being too tight? Barely got it through the fuse (hope I can get it out) and can't get it in the wing:

20151111_184329.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Anybody else have trouble with the wing tubes being too tight? Barely got it through the fuse (hope I can get it out) and can't get it in the wing:

View attachment 44906

I had this issue with my Pilot Yak. I was told by the owner to sand the tube hole so I did. A drill, a 1/4" dowel with plumber's sandpaper loosely connected and away I went carefully sanding.
It worked, my tube slides in easier now.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh that drives me crazy. I have a 3' long 1 1/4" round stick with sand paper glued on. Half the planes I build I have to run that up and down in and out all around over and over until the tube slips in. :very_angry:
I have a 2 foot long 3/4" dowel that has short section of pipe insulation with sandpaper glued to it. The padding from the pipe insulation makes the sandpaper work more evenly.