• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Spats

100cc
I built that plane and I've built a couple other Yaks. They weight right around 27-30lbs depending on options.

Last edited:

Spats

100cc
I always cut the opening larger on the 330.
I never make baffle my engines. I use a single sheet on the lower part. The picture is of the old split cowl but I do the same on the one piece except I glue the solid bottom wood piece to the cowl.
20140222_104547.jpg
San Diego-20130415-00091.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
I always cut the opening larger on the 330.

Damn, you do nice work. I should buy the house next to yours and have Terry buy the house on the other side of me... then I'd be all set. :gnashing:

The rest of you guys should move onto the same block. Then we could buy a flying field, a golf course, and a bar. We'd be happy as clams. :woohoo!:

Sorry, I'll get back to work now. haha

Joe Hunt

150cc
Okay... I got out in the garage for a couple of hours tonight. :gnashing:

I decided I didn't want any spacers off the firewall (like on the H9 Sukhoi) so I measured 1/2" in on the motorbox sides and bottom and marked that:

View attachment 44552

Then I lined up the firewall there and bolted it on. I used my fancy drill block to keep the holes straight:

View attachment 44553

More updates in a couple of hours...

You know guys, for fun I purposely said I measured 1/2" and showed 3/4" on the ruler to see if any of you were paying attention. Now I see how it is! :very_angry: haha

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Damn, you do nice work. I should buy the house next to yours and have Terry buy the house on the other side of me... then I'd be all set. :gnashing:

The rest of you guys should move onto the same block. Then we could buy a flying field, a golf course, and a bar. We'd be happy as clams. :woohoo!:

Sorry, I'll get back to work now. haha
That would be so awesome.