• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Performance Aircraft Unlimited 300SP

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Get-ur-done might get another nice day
Yup...working on it. Got one more Aileron to hinge, canopy to put on...(decided against a pilot this time around) wheel pants and balance. I hear tell this coming Sunday is supposed to be a repeat of this past Sunday. So ya'll know what that means?

I will post some pictues later, but until then... a short clip of the first, well ok second start up of the DLE 111 with Bowman rings. First startup went really good. Just a tad rich on the low speed so I dialed it in about a screw driver blade width. I really don't worry too much about taching motors, but I do try to get an idea of how they are performing initially. 6030 static with 28 x 10 Falcon CF. Man this thing is "QUIET"!! Pretty sure this thing is going to be an absolute animal once airborne. I so can't wait.:brian-banana:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
My friends v-3 111 ran strong with stock rings/mufflers 27x10 xoar laminated. Yours just blew it away with the Bowmans! and ProFlows!?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My friends v-3 111 ran strong with stock rings/mufflers 27x10 xoar laminated. Yours just blew it away with the Bowmans! and ProFlows!?
V-3, DA 120 Headers, MTW 75 cans. I am very happy with this setup. Since putting the Bowman's in my 55's, I have become a true believer in those little rascals. I can't say I would ever replace the 3dub stocks with Bowman rings. But for the DLE's, it seems to be the cats meow. Or in this case, the Dimes' cheeseburger???

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I ran into some issues lately with the 300 that I have been trying to get ironed out. In the meantime, a couple more pictures and a few steps closer. So far all up weight, (minus fuel) 28 lbs., 10 ounces. Slightly heavier than I would have liked to see, but with the way the motor runs and for it's size, an extra few ounces shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am hoping to finish it today. I hear the weather is "SUPPOSED" to be somewhat decent this weekend. Hoping I can get it out and do a couple of flights with it. More to come later this afternoon. GSN "Bling" is a requirement for all successful maidens. Just sayin'!:yesss:

20150128_223412.jpg 20150128_223417.jpg 20150128_223428.jpg 20150129_060001.jpg 20150129_060014.jpg 20150129_060032.jpg 20150128_223458.jpg

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Just goofing off till the weather cleared enough to maybe get a flight or two in. I figured since the cowl on the 300 already has a screen in the front for carb ventilation, I would add that feature to the other two intake ports. I've been doing this for quite some time on most my other planes, so why not this one also right? Besides, I kind of like it. I also got the spinner sized to the prop. Now just need to drill prop and back plate.

The mesh screen look cool!! What size screen are you using........hard to tell from the pictures?