• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Performance Aircraft Unlimited 300SP

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
They do not lock into place but they are a snug fit and you need not worry about them coming undone. Those look like they came from taildragger. If you see me avatar, I was using the green ones from dreamworks (same multiplex type plug) and they were still plugged in and working even though the plane was in pieces.

I also have the ones from taildragger in my slick that has 3 ail servos and they make putting together the plane at the field such a breeze. I have a few more sets from taildragger at the house waiting to go into my PAU edge. I also use the green version in my ef extra...pretty much every plane I have with multiple servo wings have them and I love em.
Yup...exactly correct. Snug fit, purchased from TDRC. I also am now using them on everything. Oh how things have changed. :way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob what brand and where did you buy your CF Ultimate spinner from?
It is the exact in every respect same spinner as is offered from a variety of vendors. Only at a fraction of the price. Super guy...will get you his info. later. Right now though? I'm going to give it a try to get a couple of flights in.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just goofing off till the weather cleared enough to maybe get a flight or two in. I figured since the cowl on the 300 already has a screen in the front for carb ventilation, I would add that feature to the other two intake ports. I've been doing this for quite some time on most my other planes, so why not this one also right? Besides, I kind of like it. I also got the spinner sized to the prop. Now just need to drill prop and back plate.

20150125_095615.jpg 20150125_101756.jpg 20150125_101645.jpg 20150125_115543.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Just goofing off till the weather cleared enough to maybe get a flight or two in. I figured since the cowl on the 300 already has a screen in the front for carb ventilation, I would add that feature to the other two intake ports. I've been doing this for quite some time on most my other planes, so why not this one also right? Besides, I kind of like it. I also got the spinner sized to the prop. Now just need to drill prop and back plate.
plus...you can pick the bugs out for a snack :confused:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Rob have you ever used a screen on the cooling inlets before? I ask from a reduction of air going through point of view? I like that screen for the lower Oil Cooler inlet (carb inlet for us). Where did you get that screen?

Hey while I have you I went to Wally World looking for that stand you bought and it was $19. Was the one you bough a double rail (height)? I was at a small store so maybe not all of the models were there.